Next Div I Corps to make a Big Move..........

hmmmmmmm

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought southwind was the bomb digity, i hope they do a sweet show like 05 and move into finals

I heard that. I hadn't seen SW in a few years and was thoroughly impressed with them in Allentown. I only saw them once, but thought they should have placed higher.

I don't see too much movement in placments, remember someone has to go down for someone else to go up, and there are a lot of strong programs out there.

Crossmen will be back in finals, so something will have to give. See you all in Madison.

Crossmen will be back in finals, so something will have to give. See you all in Madison.

Bold assertion there, especially considering Colts DID beat them and all this past year. What's keeping them out of finals, but letting Crossmen in?

Edited by Jared_mello

strictly in terms of PLACEMENT. I am talking about which corps will jump the highest number of spots in 2006. It's pretty hard for one of the top 4 to be in that category, so they're out. I like the Cascades to jump back into finals. That's 5 whole placement jumps AT LEAST.

I'm just curious to see what people think about the Cascades. There have been some staff changes, and I think for the better. I haven't heard anything about them, ever (well except for dciguy :) ) but I personally think that they could make a huge jump in the next few years...at least I hope so. There were some risky moves last summer (narration, props, etc.) but I think that's all changing. I jsut want to see what people outside the corps see for Cascades in the near future.

In my limited view of things--there are a few corps that will (and to a certain extent MUST) take a hike up the ladder.

SCV--regardless of your devotion to the corps, it was not a good year last year. The proof is their unusual low placement and a show that had people more often scratching their heads than not wondering "what was missing". I have FULL faith in the talents of their new director Jeff Pearson who I spent some time with talking a few weeks ago, and full faith in the genius (even though he hates it when I tell him he is) of Mike McCool. Key Poulan ain't no slouch either...and I think these and other elements will catapult SCV up several notches. Winning everything? I can only hope. But it will HAVE to happen this coming up season.

Pacific Crest--changes in some personnel that have been announced have led me to believe their banking on the marketability as well as the talents of a few people. And when I say marketability, I mean these particular staff members abilities to attract more kids. Pacific Crest MUST upgrade their visual and musical depth in my humble opinion, and I have some feelings that this season will be a litmus test to see if they can move it on up. They have talent, a great infrastructure, and going on 15 years of experience. It's time for them to MOVE. If they don't this season...argh...I don't want to contemplate what might happen.

Esperanza--another group that has to bump it up. They've come a long way, and they have the makings of being able to, especially in their guard program. They could do it this season if they take the instructional and managerial talent they have and FOCUS it and keep the kids at the top of the priority list.

These are the groups that I think can, could, and should make some moves.

I'm just curious to see what people think about the Cascades. There have been some staff changes, and I think for the better. I haven't heard anything about them, ever (well except for dciguy :) ) but I personally think that they could make a huge jump in the next few years...at least I hope so. There were some risky moves last summer (narration, props, etc.) but I think that's all changing. I jsut want to see what people outside the corps see for Cascades in the near future.

He probably thinks I'm a freak, but if they keep Kurt Jull on as visual designer, I'll be happy. He's awesome.

strictly in terms of PLACEMENT. I am talking about which corps will jump the highest number of spots in 2006. It's pretty hard for one of the top 4 to be in that category, so they're out. I like the Cascades to jump back into finals. That's 5 whole placement jumps AT LEAST.
He probably thinks I'm a freak, but if they keep Kurt Jull on as visual designer, I'll be happy. He's awesome.

I've made it an effort not to get involved in many threads involving Seattle in them, but since you guys have been nice I think I can. First off, thank you for the kind words. Bill that is pretty cool of you to like that jump of the Cascades, considering we were probably one of your biggest competitors in the little time I marched (2003 - 2004).

Seattle is always a mystery to people, and I like that... You never know what's going on in Seattle, because we are probably one of the furthest corps away from "civilization"--with what they did on the field last summer, you really won't know what to expect this year. I'm not a marching member of the corps, but I guess you can say I am an outsider in terms of alumni looking in, but I think the future of the corps has an opportunity to be great, very challenging and competitive (and this is not because I marched there). From my own personal observations, the talent in the northwest in general is starting to rise, and that can only help ALL of the corps in that area.

And Ryan... Kurt probably doesn't need my back up here, but I agree, he is a great in the visual department, especially in the colorguard arena too!

It is really competitive in the 17th - 10th place spots these days, so there is bound to be some mix ups sooner or later...hopefully sooner more than later!

B)

That would be something! The re-emergence of a great 70's finalist. The icing on the cake would be to have a big all-girl "flag line" in short shorts, like from thet period, too!

God how I remember seeing the guard in those hot pants............the best visual ever