Cadets clip

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool! Garfield(sorry, they will always be "Garfield" to me!) Bringing back "White Rabbit" from back in my day!

Can the infamous Peace Sign be far behind?! Hey Mike D......Waddya Think?! (You marched that show, didn't you? :) )

Edited by Bob Brady

Sounds good. and I agree with Neb on some of the stuff. He has some fairly good points. and it sounds like he's saying it's early as well considering he says he can't wait to hear what it sounds like when it's clean. Neither can I. Sounds like it will be great. what a mello book. I have a couple friends who took the journey down to Cadets this year, so I wish them the best of luck and sounds like they're going to be mighty happy.

Hmmm... trumpets still don't sound like trumpets... mellophones still sound like bad trumpets (and are not doing the right things fundamentally to make that technique sound correct, virtuosic though it might be)... tubas are bumping and distorting every note-start ... baritones too... the quotes from "Alone in a Crowd" are entirely too agressive (performance-wise), every note followed by silence looses resonance and direction, all the short notes lack clarity and quality of sound (which is a lot of notes in Jeff Beal's score) ... But this is much more exciting that the 05 show, IMHO. I'm interested to hear it cleaned up...

Neb

B)

^0^ Maybe YOU should be on their staff? ^0^

P.S.: It's January.

P.P.S.: It's drumcorps.

P.P.P.S.: You failed to mention the harsh and piercing tone of the Dr. Beat. Perhaps it needs to do more long tones?

Cool! Garfield(sorry, they will always be "Garfield" to me!) Bringing back "White Rabbit" from back in my day!

Can the infamous Peace Sign be far behind?! Hey Mike D......Waddya Think?! (You marched that show, didn't you? :) )

Here is me on this: large-smiley-002.gif

Cadets 1970...we played White Rabbit as our production after concert. The drill was indeed the first year of the Peace sign.

Here is a Peace Sign pic...(though it is REALLY of the 1971 Peace sign to Battle Hymn....)...I am the inside tri-tom player closest to the midfield line.

PeacesignBattleHymn.jpg