DCA televised?

Has there ever been talk about televising the DCA world championsips? Just wondering. Probably a money issue? I know DCI has a hard enough time trying to do it.. What about just making it available and letting the local areas decide? I'm probably covering a topic that has already been discussed. I tried a search and did not find anything though. So, I'm starting a new thread on it.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised a channel like PCN (Pennsylvania Cable Network) hasn't tried to televise it in the past, especially with so many championships in held in Scranton.

I'm surprised a channel like PCN (Pennsylvania Cable Network) hasn't tried to televise it in the past, especially with so many championships in held in Scranton.

Well, I know it's got to be tough logistiaclly. It would be great if they could work it out. Being on staff with a large high school band in the area, I feel the same way about BOA. My gosh, they televise cheerleading for crying out loud!

Edited by torn8o

Also there is a PA group that televises and tapes HS football/basketball games. Forget the name but the games are on the local access channel in Harrisburg a few times a week during the season. Camera work is kind of static (IOW doesn't move too much) but better than nothing.

DCA Championships sponsored by Genesee Beer, Annheuser-Busch, and Hooters!!!!

Bring back Steve Rondinaro former Rochester News Anchor.

Why not try to do it on PBS? take the place of the DCI broadcast. heck since we are on labor day weekend, we could even do it live.. and it has to be better than Zamphir: Master of the Pan Flute , Live at Red Rocks.

just a thought

thatd be awesome on pbs, as long as its put together nicley, visual wise... RNews could do it this year.

thatd be awesome on pbs, as long as its put together nicley, visual wise... RNews could do it this year.

i'm guessing that is Rochester News? :peek:

that's great for you guys but what about the rest of the free world? would they consider selling it to other cable outlets? :wub:

Why not try to do it on PBS? take the place of the DCI broadcast. heck since we are on labor day weekend, we could even do it live.. and it has to be better than Zamphir: Master of the Pan Flute , Live at Red Rocks.

just a thought

Makes sense. I'm sure there would still be a lot of financial and political logistics that would need to be worked out. I doubt it would be as simple as saying "hey PBS, do you remember that Drum Corps stuff that the DCI people had you air? Well, our name is DCA and we have another arena of drum corps that we would like to have in it's place". I don't know, maybe it would be that simple. BUT, if it's not - that doesn't mean that DCA shouldn't try. If they fail the first time, maybe on another try. It may just be something that will take time that we would need to be both patient AND persistant with. Again though, who knows? Maybe it would be as simple as just saying "hey, we do drum corps too - air us". It WOULD be worth a try.