Which Dutch Boy Show Did You Like The Best

With Dutch Boy playing "Selections From SOUTH PARK - The Movie", in Division III this season, which show did you like the best from years gone by.

I loved each and every one but, my favorite is '89!!! B)

If you can't remember which one you liked the best, go on to www.dutchboydrumcorps.com and click onto media and click sounds.

You will hear all those great shows just hit the year you want, sit back and enjoy the glory years!!!!

Edited by ODBC

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fav is 91 "City of Angles", 93 is a close second favorite. They were always a very entertaining corps for that 83 to 93 era. Probably that Al Dicroce influence. A junior Empire Statesmen.

ditto on City of Angels in '91.

but i'm biased. that was and is my favorite Broadway musical.

1987 gave us "In the Wee Small Hours,' one of the best ballads of the decade, but 1986 was my favorite show. Their absorbing of kids at mid-season allowed them to finish very well and take that next step into big kids' territory.

Okay so I am obviously biased but here we go

1986 and 1987 - we just flat out had fun marching these two seasons on and off the field. Both were entertaining shows but not my favourites all around.

1988 my favourite show written and performed BUT not my most enjoyable year marching. We worked our butts off all year and still fell just short of finals. We forgot to have fun that season and geared everything towards success at finals. (all work and no play) When I look back my memories for 1988 are heartache and pride but not fun. I will never regret marching that season, it is actually the one I am most proud of, I just would wish the staff and members could have remembered that we love the activity for more than just a placement. (anyone who has ever finished 13th knows what I mean)

I absolutely loved the 1991 show. It was mature and beautiful and deserving of finals. I hope lessons were learned from the previous 2 years and that the staff and members remembered to enjoy the experience along the way and not just base their success on a 13th place finish at DCI.

I must also say that Al DiCroce AND Sandi Birdsey get much credit for developing Dutch Boy into the successful corps they became.. both individuals are creative and incredibly talented. Now add Michael Cesario in the mix and you have an amazing team. Michael is truly one of the kindest most genuine people I have ever had the honor to know. There will always be a special place in my heart for Michael.

Okay my novel is done. My favourite year is 1988.

Personally, I loved 86. that was such a fun show, and the sop soloist could seriously wail. In 88, We never competed against Dutch Boy until Championships and they performed before we did, so I never had the pleasure of watching them live. Even though I never saw them live, I LOVE listening to them in 88.