Brandt Crocker

<**> <**> <**>

You have no idea what you are talking about!!!

Brandt Crocker is one of the all-time greats when it comes to announcing. He, indeed, does give EVERY corps the best he can, and has been doing for well over 30 years...

If you have every heard him announce, you would know this.

First of all, please think just a little bit more about what you say, before you say it. I have heard him announce many a time, not in the scenarios described, but I have. If everyone here is saying he gets over excited about certain corps (The Cavaliers), and nobody is denying it, then I consider that to be unprofessional, no matter how often or not often it happens.

edit: spelling

Edited by yabetterbelieveit

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why is it that all of a sudden a true icon is being dragged under the bus because of someone's opinon?!!!! someone thinks he's "bias", then all of a sudden he's "unprofessional" you guys are sick <**>

Sick???? Are you being serious? The facts show he can get over excited for certains wins/corps, and not other corps of the same year! His job is to be nuetral and announce what the judges have decided!!!!

Again, are you guys freaking serious? You're gonna flame the announcer of dci?! Isn't there an open topic on amps or voice somewhere for people to discuss....

How is saying he has acted unprofessional flaming?! I havent said "Oh my god he is horrible, I can't believe he has done that, how could he, he must hate everyone but the Cavaliers, what an ########, I never am going to show where he is at again!", all I have said is that it is unprofessional to do what he HAS done. Thats it! Not something for everyone to start overreacting about! If I want overreaction on DCP, I know how to get it!

First of all, please think just a little bit more about what you say, before you say it. I have heard him announce many a time, not in the scenarios described, but I have. If everyone here is saying he gets over excited about certain corps (The Cavaliers), and nobody is denying it, then I consider that to be unprofessional, no matter how often or not often it happens.

"everybody here" is NOT saying it.

ONE guy says it.. and just about everyone else who's come in here has said they've never heard it.. even offered suppositions about what might have been the cause of what he heard..

That's quite a different story and maybe you should take some of your own advice?

Stef

http://www.marchingarts.com/cgi-bin/cginews.pl?record=413

Brandt Crocker will serve as the Phantom Regiment’s tour manager for the 2006 summer season.

Crocker is well-known as the only announcer at DCI finals since the inaugural Drum Corps International World Championships in 1972. He will continue in that role as well as announce

at the Columbia, Mo., and Murfreesboro, Tenn., shows in addition to his role with Phantom Regiment.

“I am thrilled to have Brandt on board. His experience, age and easygoing personality will be a great addition to our touring team,” said Patrick Seidling, corps director of Phantom Regiment. “Brandt not only is a DCI-era icon, but he has deep experience in the touring side of drum corps and, more importantly, he was a successful school teacher, principal and superintendent. He inherently has a grasp of our mission here at Phantom Regiment.”

Crocker knows Phantom Regiment from the inside as a result of short touring runs with the corps the past three years. His experience includes many years with the Troopers and as a contest coordinator for DCI.

He got into the activity in 1966 with a drill team in Des Moines, Iowa, and discovered drum corps in June 1967 in Fort Dodge, Iowa. A friendship was cultivated with the late Jim Jones, founder of the Troopers, and Crocker was hired as business manager of that corps in 1969. He has been involved in the Ankeny, Iowa, show since its inception in 1982 and has been a contest coordinator for DCI since 1996.

Crocker was an educator and school administrator for more than 22 years and has been a residential painter and roofing contractor for 21 years. He will retire in spring 2006.

“I will be able to continue my DCI announcing duties, and I’m looking forward to doing something new and different,” said Crocker, who lives in Iowa. “I will get to be involved in another side of the activity that I haven’t been able to see for a long time.”

Seidling will continue as corps director while handing some of the myriad responsibilities to Crocker during the eight-week summer tour.

“Having Brandt with us all tour will ensure that we continue to offer the best touring experience for all involved in Phantom Regiment,” Seidling said.

Oh no! Now he has Phantom Regiment bias too!

OmGWtFBbQ!!!ONE!111EL3vNTYB1LLi0N!!!!!!!!!! :P

MEMO

TO: Brandt Crocker

RE: Vocal Inflection when Announcing our Champions

Dear Mr. Crocker;

It has come to our attention that you have, for the past 30 years, been giving far too much enthusiasm to the words "The Cavaliers" when announcing their championships.

This presents a quandary for us, as you know, because we don't like upsetting anyone and we strive to be equal in all things at all times, even and most importantly to our own detriment.

This cannot continue.

Upon receipt of this memo, be advised that you will no longer be announcing the names of any of the corps OR their scores on Saturday night finals. From here forward, all scores and corps names will be "announced" silently, by way of the jumbotron so that no one will be offended or upset by any wavering between the inflection you use for one corps' name or another.

We appreciate your dedication and service for the past 30 years but you are hereby officially sacked.

Thank you.

cc: DCP

edit: spelling

:wall::worthy::wall:

Actually, I thought a lot about what I said...because what I wanted to say would have deleted from DCP, and I would have been banned...

As stated above, NO NOT EVERYONE is saying Brandt Crocker gets over excited about certain corps...the general opinion from folk who have heard Brandt announcing for longer than you have been in existence is that he gets excited for everyone...Brandt gets excited for the activity. Yes he got excited for the Cavaliers win in 1992 (as did the crowd at Camp Randall)...he got excited for Madison's win in '88 (as did those at Arrowhead Stadium)...he got excited at SCV's banquet in 2004 (which he attended, following SCV's participation in the Rose Parade)...and the list goes on...

But, contrary to your screenname here, you don't believe it.

Actually, I rather lioked it when he announced teh Cavies' 92 win....brought a bit of warmth and feeling to the announcement beyond his normal enthusiasm....it was like he was speaking for the crowd (which to a degree, he is)

In 84 his announcement at the end of Regiment's show WAS a bit more enthused than for a lot of other corps...i have never though this reflected any bias, however.

And even if he WAS biased, you're actiung like he has an effect on the score!

Lay off the man!