Indianapolis 2008?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm assuming you mean "Way to go", and what's wrong with the move?

Nah... I meant what I said :) And I have nothing wrong with the move because I wont even be here to see this show this summer. I do think that Western should've given a bigger heads up but, these things happen and obviously DCI already has their mind made up and there's really no point in complaining about it because it's a done thing. B)

"...and will move the event 20 miles west to Battle Creek Central..."

Yeeeeah... That's definitely 20 miles east of Kalamazoo... Way to be, DCI....

It's correct if you click on the link and read the entire article on DCI.org. It's currently wrong in the little encapsulation on the DCP site, but will probably be corrected soon.

"...and will move the event 20 miles west to Battle Creek Central..."

Yeeeeah... That's definitely 20 miles east of Kalamazoo... Way to be, DCI....

It's already corrected, both on DCI and on DCP's websites.

Nah... I meant what I said :) And I have nothing wrong with the move because I wont even be here to see this show this summer. I do think that Western should've given a bigger heads up but, these things happen and obviously DCI already has their mind made up and there's really no point in complaining about it because it's a done thing. B)

I'm not sure what the problem is here. DCI booked a stadium and set a line up for that show. Later, the stadium says you can't come (because of repairs) and so DCI looks for a stadium as close as possible that can handle a similar sized audience. What else would you have them do? I think they have done the best they could under the circumstances.

It's been said way too many times.....

The new stadium will not be a dome.

Retractable Roof stadiums are for all intents and purposes, domes. Let's hope the roof is open if and when that happens. I just don't like the fact that it won't be "battle tested" before Finals comes in 08. I wish they'd wait a year or so and give it a Regional just to get an idea of what it might sound like there.

Also...the stadium is set to open for the 2008 season. That means DCI might be the very first event held in the new stadium. Talk about breaking it in.... Let's hope they finish in time. So often, they are still working on the last minute details before the Sept opening of stadiums. Me thinks, they should at least wait til 09.

Edited by DCImonkey

Retractable Roof stadiums are for all intents and purposes, domes. Let's hope the roof is open if and when that happens. I just don't like the fact that it won't be "battle tested" before Finals comes in 08. I wish they'd wait a year or so and give it a Regional just to get an idea of what it might sound like there.

Also...the stadium is set to open for the 2008 season. That means DCI might be the very first event held in the new stadium. Talk about breaking it in.... Let's hope they finish in time. So often, they are still working on the last minute details before the Sept opening of stadiums. Me thinks, they should at least wait til 09.

Methinks DCI has a good handle on what they're doing. Well rather, I'm trusting them and hoping it won't suck :sshh: .

Good to see you back though, Monkey, I always enjoyed your posts.

Saddly, 2008 will be the first finals I miss marching/veiwing since 1976. I really hate listening to Drum Corps in that stadium. I'll just add and extra regional to my summer and the last big show before Championship week. :(

Maybe the new stadium will be better.

Edited by boxingfred

Saddly, 2008 will be the first finals I miss marching/veiwing since 1976. I really hate listening to Drum Corps in that stadium. I'll just add and extra regional to my summer and the last big show before Championship week. :(

Maybe the new stadium will be better.

Once again, completely new stadium in 2008. It's not the RCA dome. You've never heard drum corps in this stadium, nor has anyone.

Edited by Stick Stack

Me thinks, they should at least wait til 09.

:blink: noooooooooooooooooooooooo! not my ageout year!

:angel:

But in all seriousness....what's in Indianapolis? It doesn't even seem like an interesting place to go. Of course I've only ever been there for the regional, but even then... I really don't think I'd like Championships in Indy whether the roof is retractable or not.

IMHO