any updates from the SCV front?

Doesn't the March 2006 camp vid have a preview of most of the songs?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it true they're going back to the green pants with the new red jackets?

The only thing I've never NOT liked about SCV. That corps was born to wear white shoes and you can't do that today without white pants.

Last year's corps looked twice as large as the green years, not to mention that they weren't swallowed by the green fields. Isn't Madison doing this too?

Shostakovich to Copland? Now there's chicken salad to chicken ####.

The only thing I've never NOT liked about SCV. That corps was born to wear white shoes and you can't do that today without white pants.

Actually, I think SCV did quite well during the years they wore red tunics/green pants/white shoes...which was during every championship year, minus 2.

I'm anxious to see how Jeff's influence and strong feelings on tradition will shape the corps.

GO VANGUARD!!!

Actually, I think SCV did quite well during the years they wore red tunics/green pants/white shoes...which was during every championship year, minus 2.

I'm anxious to see how Jeff's influence and strong feelings on tradition will shape the corps.

GO VANGUARD!!!

I'd be all for it, but contemporary norms seem to dictate against any white shoe/dark pants combination. I really loved it when the black shoe craze hit and SCV and Sunrisers were about the only corps left in white shoes. There were a couple of years when Vanguard won DCI and Sun won DCA and the message should have been "it doesn't matter what you wear....if you can march, you win"

I'd be all for it, but contemporary norms seem to dictate against any white shoe/dark pants combination. I really loved it when the black shoe craze hit and SCV and Sunrisers were about the only corps left in white shoes. There were a couple of years when Vanguard won DCI and Sun won DCA and the message should have been "it doesn't matter what you wear....if you can march, you win"

you mean the cadets even had black shoes? lol :P

I've been told by a former SCV member that Mike Mc Cool (former Kingsmen) is doing their show and it's based on lesser known works of Aaron Copeland.

I think this news is about 8 years too late...

I think this news is about 8 years too late...

that's what i was gonna say, by that description it sounds exactly like 1998, which i loved btw, just didn't know that's the direction they were going this year, if they truly are.

Okay, I was at their Memorial Day rehearsal for a while in Gilroy. I only caught their first 2 numbers.

Here's an edited piece of what I've written to some fellow alums:

"Their drill is excellent, and they sound great when they're all standing still. Lots of cleaning to do as they prepare for the season. But all in all, they're on the right track."

And yes, they're keeping their tunics from last year and bringing back the darker green pants from previous years. And yes, Key Poulan is writing all original music for the hornline.

How do these other wierd rumors start? Sheesh! :wall: