Where was your highest finish at DCA Championships?

Where was your highest finish at DCA Championships?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. Where was your highest finish at DCA Championships?

• Open Class Champion
    • Second or Third
    • Fourth or Fifth
    • Sixth, Seventh, or Eighth
    • Ninth or Tenth
    • Eleventh or Twelvth
    • Open Class outside Top 12
    • Class A Champion
    • Class A Finalist
    • Class A Non-finalist
    • Never marched a DCA corps
    • Marched a DCI Div. 1 Corps
    • Marched a DCI Div. 2/3 Corps
    • Never marched in a Drum Corps

I did the minicorps in 1998. That was a fun experience.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1992 - 4th CT Hurricanes. This was my last season with the corps due to having my baby a week after finals. Definately a memorable year and the best placement in the 3 seasons I did with the corps ('90 - 10th, '91 - 5th).

Irene

no. class A is 60 members and under

Actually 65 members or under . . . but who's counting . . :)

no. class A is 60 members and under

What I meant by the comment is that any Class A corps that scores high enough to be in Open finals is put into that mix instead (that is, if I'm interpreting the rules right). So, bein an Open-class finalist trumps being a Class A Champion, if you're looking at points across the board. So... the 4th place in Open would be considered a high ranking than Class A Champion.

Yes Al, that's a huge record, and a well deserved one at that. :)

While winning the DCA is one of the best moments a drum corps person can experience, you can't know what it's truly like to win unless you've lost. And I've lost. A lot. :P

Callipy

You are correct... the "idea" of class A was definitely intended to foster the growth of more competitors... Prelims - despite grouping the Class A and open Class together - is one large show... scores are relevant from corps to corps... same panel is used.... the top 10 highest scores have to compete in open class at finals... period... they have NO choice...

should a class A declared corps make a top 10 score position... the next 3 highest Class A corps would compete for the Class A crown...

This was carefully thought out and clearly intended... the whole idea of Class A was to allow a proper growth in both numbers, proficiency and organization (including financial) before you had to compete against the "Big Corps"

The financial aspect is all important and Class A has become key to the national growth of DCA...

This is definitely one idea that "worked" and is still working...

Check this out... I consider my Class A Championship a bigger accomplishment than 11th in Open Class. Some of the reasons why? Well, when we won Class A in 1997, it was the FIRST Class A championship ever. And that was special. Also, at that time, if you were Class A, you were Class A. That was that. Also, for a Class A Corps to make it into Open Class Finals, you have to be 10th place overall or better. And we we're 11th. I dunno... somehow it just meant more to me and still does.

This was carefully thought out and clearly intended... the whole idea of Class A was to allow a proper growth in both numbers, proficiency and organization (including financial) before you had to compete against the "Big Corps"

The financial aspect is all important and Class A has become key to the national growth of DCA...

This is definitely one idea that "worked" and is still working...

:blink::lol::lol: Always thought this was one of DCAs best changes.

Beats the old way of "start up" corps getting their brains kicked in by the big guns. There was a reason why the smaller corps had their own circuit. (Been there, got clobbered by that)