Where was your highest finish at DCA Championships?

Where was your highest finish at DCA Championships?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. Where was your highest finish at DCA Championships?

• Open Class Champion
    • Second or Third
    • Fourth or Fifth
    • Sixth, Seventh, or Eighth
    • Ninth or Tenth
    • Eleventh or Twelvth
    • Open Class outside Top 12
    • Class A Champion
    • Class A Finalist
    • Class A Non-finalist
    • Never marched a DCA corps
    • Marched a DCI Div. 1 Corps
    • Marched a DCI Div. 2/3 Corps
    • Never marched in a Drum Corps

Last year 5th place - Renegades

2001 Class A Champs with CV (which a score that has yet to be broken for the Class A champions yet :) )

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5th ... but likely to be higher in a few weeks, given the Law of Mass Chaos and Incredible Crisis.

Which is kinda like Murhpy's Law, but with a more chaotic West Coast ending.

^0^

I'm proudest of last year when both of the 'other' senior corps from Minnesota got to shine at the big show. It's been a long time coming, and John and Mike Mayer can look up to their parents and be both proud and thankful.. :rolleyes:

Not to mention that their sister was on the field with the Govies. That's truly a drum corps family. And everyone should find their way to Patrick's on Third in St. Peter... Home of the Govenaires, and under the ownership of the Mayers.

Not too shabby that all three Minnesota corps headed out and made it into finals contention. B)

Kilties: 2005 - 14th place baby!!! Oooh yeah!

But that's ok, because I'm really excited to see the progress we make this year, and as long as we make one person in the crowd get on their feet to see some drum corps, I'm pretty happy with that. Maybe it's just the ol' Scouts mentality, but that's what its all about.

See you all on the field this year, I can't wait to see what happens! Good luck!

Hmmm... guess I should list this since I started the thread...

Best finish with Chieftains would have been 13th or 14th in the mid-90's, (before Class A) and then the first Class A title in 1997 when such a thing came to be.

Best for me at Westshore would have been 4th in Class A... 3 times.

Best at Sky was 11th in Open Class in 2004.

...as long as we make one person in the crowd get on their feet to see some drum corps, I'm pretty happy with that.

AMEN!

Best at Sky was 11th in Open Class in 2004.

Er... shouldn't this one trump them all? I mean, the definition of a Class A Champion is the highest-placing Class A corps that didn't score high enough for Open Class finals, right?

2003,2004, 2005 Renegades....nuf said :-) I just want to say that the fun of being in Renegades surpasses the ranking but I can hardly wait for the corps to have the title of champion. It was an amazing experience for me that is different from my time with BD. We won the title at DCI and it was awesome - different kind of fun. I wouldn't change either experience.

It is weird to be a DCA and be stared at because I am a 46 year old guard member surrounded by such young guard members. My first year it was a shock because I thought I would see more corps having older guard members. It was a blast to have people asking how we did it "at our age" LOL I am doing things at my age that my Mom would have just laid down and died trying to accomplish....age...who cares.

Diane

My highest placement with a corps was with Empire in '94, a fairy tale undefeated year. My personal highlight was achieving the goal of getting our Mirage Sr. corps to a DCA contest in '95 and making DCM membership in '96. I'll always remember my Kilties' years, despite any placements. At the '99 DCA Syracuse Regional, clad in Mad Plaid, two ladies were asking for my autograph at the same moment our score was announced. I thought, how good it is to be a Kiltie! '03 was another memorable year in a kilt.

Diane, Wow! 46 and in the guard. Now, that is an accomplishment. Goooo, lady!!! Inspires me to want to keep performing.

First 1976,1984,1985,1995 and 2003.

Mike Ryan

Cabs 1975-2006

I think every year was exciting but the thread was for the highest finishes.

Mike Ryan

Cabs 1975-2006

Last time I played horn at DCA was 1979. We came in 6th which was corps best at the time.

First time at DCA was 1974, we came in 15 out of 15 in a rebuilding year.

Improved every year in between. :)