Who Declared for Class A?

Lakeshoremen will definitely be around in Class A this summer.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

G Force announced months ago they folded

That sucks. I can't believe that they'd have so much trouble getting a corps off the ground. They have a truck, horns, drums, pit, and uniforms. All they need is people. Anyone know the story on these guys? They always come out every winter rip-roarin' ready to kick ### and take names, then they fizzle out by March. You'd at least expect to see them put out a mini-corps, or a parade group...

Masquerade and Crosswinds are also forming currently.

Hopefully both can have some sort of I&E presence at DCA this year, both are hoping to have a mini-corps or Class A corps next year

Annnnnnnnd, adjusting for new information...

8 Vying for those 3 precious Class A finalist spots...

Gulf Coast Sound

Chops, Inc.

Govenaires

Shenandoah Sound

Dream

Mon Valley Express

White Sabers

Lakeshoremen

That still leaves these to be heard from...

Alliance

Heat Wave (What is the official word on their intended class?)

River City Regiment

Tremendous Blast! b**bs

Corps moving on up to Open...

Music City Legend (Most definitely, positively, absolutely, without a doubt moving up to Open Class. Period. That's it. End of story. Stop asking. Enough said.)

Corps to look forward to in 2007 or 2008...

Presidents

Prairie Sound

Masquerade

Crosswinds

G-Force

North Coast Rock

Excelsior

And, of course...

Go Govies!!!!

That sucks. I can't believe that they'd have so much trouble getting a corps off the ground. They have a truck, horns, drums, pit, and uniforms. All they need is people. Anyone know the story on these guys? They always come out every winter rip-roarin' ready to kick ### and take names, then they fizzle out by March. You'd at least expect to see them put out a mini-corps, or a parade group...

Go Govies!!!!

There was a public announcment about that.Its my understanding that they put a LOT of work into getting this off the ground and had a extreamly poor turn out on open house.

Never noticed them coming out rip-roarin, as you elude to. (maybe just some hopeful hype as we all do). In their defense (and not that I have to) I have to say they are within a 45 minute drive and maybe less from Mon Valley Express and Steel City Ambassadors. Kinda tough to support 3 Drum Corps' within such a small driving radius .....don't you think?

8 Vying for those 3 precious Class A finalist spots...

Gulf Coast Sound

Chops, Inc.

Govenaires

Shenandoah Sound

Dream

Mon Valley Express

White Sabers

Lakeshoremen

That still leaves these to be heard from...

Alliance

Heat Wave (What is the official word on their intended class?)

River City Regiment

Tremendous Blast! b**bs

Corps moving on up to Open...

Music City Legend (Most definitely, positively, absolutely, without a doubt moving up to Open Class. Period. That's it. End of story. Stop asking. Enough said.)

Corps to look forward to in 2007 or 2008...

Presidents

Prairie Sound

Masquerade

Crosswinds

G-Force

North Coast Rock

Excelsior

And, of course...

Go Govies!!!!

Edited by melligene

Never noticed them coming out rip-roarin, as you elude to. (maybe just some hopeful hype as we all do). In their defense (and not that I have to) I have to say they are within a 45 minute drive and maybe less from Mon Valley Express and Steel City Ambassadors. Kinda tough to support 3 Drum Corps' within such a small driving radius .....don't you think?

Well, they certainly have a lot of hype whenever they decide to start up... I suppose that's a better way to say what I meant.

And I guess it is kinda tough to support 3 in such a tight radius. If I recall, before this last startup effort their director (I forget his name) was asking around as far as where would be a good spot to set up a corps. As in, just take the whole organization and plant it somewhere that it'll be easier to take root. If that guy is out there and reading this, please to so! It's such a shame that such enthusiasm and resources go to waste.

On a side note, you could just donate the equipment to Chops... We'd be glad to put it to good use... :P

i loved you guys alot last year

You will love what you see this year a ton more then. :D

Well well well!

The lineup is gonna be sweet this year.

I think that the Sunday finals should be all the A class corps, with the top 3 open class corps on in the earlier evening.

But, that would completely cut into the A class drinking time...Hmmm...

You can have all the equipment, money and such; but without members nothing gets done. Pittsburgh is a huge demographic area but the activity has just died off. Many here live in the past, but most are just fence sitters. We have our problems, but we've learned to deal with them and eventually we outlast them, each year we do better and grow. Someday we'll be the group people will just have to be in, but thats down the road a ways.Until then we will keep going, do our best. Even with a great winter like we had, we're facing issues with people changing their minds, fuel costs and job changes.

If you understand that class A is the place to start, grow and develope; you can survive till things take hold.If you think its a place to start a minature

Brigs, Empire, Bush or Cabs,you will fail. Be yourself and enjoy the ride. :)