Who Declared for Class A?

I don't know if we have room for everyone, but we will try, and you will be a better person for being a Govie :)

Now back to the thread.

The Govies will have 3 snares :P , and will be Class A

...but we are gunning for open finals.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said it in 2004 when I first saw them, and I 'll say it again: Govenaires are the best little corps I've ever seen. They'd kick the butts of a lot of slightly larger corps (and some even bigger), DCA or DCI. Larger does not necessarily mean better.

:blink: Govies are like an older brother to Chops. I've got nothing but respect for this corps. For five years now I've seen them come out with less than 20 horns and just tear up the field and get the crowd to their feet every time. Why mess with that?

...we are gunning for open finals.

15 horns jumping into Open finals? Yes, the Govies are one of the few that could pull it off...

Ya thats great, but we have 14 horns ^OO^

Albion Grenadiers, 60 people town of 9,012

:)

It, in my mind, is not fair the the corps that are bigger, they play not quite as clean, but it is harder TO clean. Why NOT become a power house if you had the chance... Idk i guess i'm just sick of seeing 2 man snare lines. :)

Move to St. Peter, we would gladly have a 3 man line, if you could cut it.

the thing here is size matters not. the top 4 corps in A last year could have made open finals just 4/5 years ago.

my gripe in Class A is it seems the scores reflect size, not quality

my gripe in Class A is it seems the scores reflect size, not quality

oh my god you noticed that also .... <sarcasm off>

but yeah honestly I totally agree with that comment.

i guess i'm just sick of seeing 2 man snare lines. :)

Sometimes 3 for parades. :)

This group combines fun and dedication like no other I've seen. I am proud to know them.

:worthy:

Edited by Roark1

Hey, it's fun being a Govenaire and it's fun that people like us. The numbers game has always been a waste in drum corps and due to it, there is a lack of small corps left in the activity. If corps would stop worrying about the numbers and start worrying about making the activity survive, then drum corps can thrive. The activity grows more tenuous as the years go by and that is the result of the demise of the small corps. Go out and support drum corps, no matter how many snare players they have, and learn to see them for what they are: a group of people in love with the activity. we don't need to be big to be entertaining, we don't need to be big to be good, and most of all, we don't need to be big to keep drum corps alive.

Support your small corps, it's good for the activity.

Yeah!

So lay down a boogie and play that funky music till you die!

Govies Rock!

:huh:

Edited by Fritz