Who Declared for Class A?

You can have all the equipment, money and such; but without members nothing gets done. Pittsburgh is a huge demographic area but the activity has just died off. Many here live in the past, but most are just fence sitters. We have our problems, but we've learned to deal with them and eventually we outlast them, each year we do better and grow. Someday we'll be the group people will just have to be in, but thats down the road a ways.Until then we will keep going, do our best. Even with a great winter like we had, we're facing issues with people changing their minds, fuel costs and job changes.

If you understand that class A is the place to start, grow and develope; you can survive till things take hold.If you think its a place to start a minature

Brigs, Empire, Bush or Cabs,you will fail. Be yourself and enjoy the ride. :)

Very well put Jeff. (been there done that) not easy. Ya know the TBIRDS are behind you all the way and kudos to all those out there making a similar effort to his and Mon Valley Express.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you understand that class A is the place to start, grow and develope; you can survive till things take hold.If you think its a place to start a minature

Brigs, Empire, Bush or Cabs,you will fail. Be yourself and enjoy the ride. :)

Having walked the road you are now on, I can say your corps' chances for long-term success greatly increase with this as its guiding philosophy. Good luck to MVE this year. See you guys in VA.

I think you can count RCR out....that is unless I win the lottery, then we'll definitely be there!

No RCR in NY? That is too bad. I was looking forward to all 3 west coast corps being there. There is definately no reason to kill a corps just to travel. Maybe do what we did last year....take only a mini corps? Perform Friday night then have fun hanging out at the stadium the rest of the weekend.

That sucks. I can't believe that they'd have so much trouble getting a corps off the ground. They have a truck, horns, drums, pit, and uniforms. All they need is people. Anyone know the story on these guys? They always come out every winter rip-roarin' ready to kick ### and take names, then they fizzle out by March. You'd at least expect to see them put out a mini-corps, or a parade group...

Annnnnnnnd, adjusting for new information...

partof the problem also is the director's full time job moved him 6 hours away. I guess, at this time, Western PA isnt ready to support more than one corps

Was that extra attempt at stabing my ego necessary? Regardless, i think we have gotten away from the point of this thread.

My suspicions are that you can cut it

Edited by Fritz

partof the problem also is the director's full time job moved him 6 hours away. I guess, at this time, Western PA isnt ready to support more than one corps

Those circumstances are true, but an organization has to be bigger than one person. God forbid I die tomorrow, MVE is strong enough to go on with out me. Starting a corps from scratch, particulary in a drumcorps burned out area like Pittsburgh, is tough. Some day soon I'm going to have to walk away from it all. MVE will carry on, with out me. :)

Edited by jeff danchik

Congrats to all corps making the trip to DCA this year. It is a huge commitment and not always the best plan for a drum corps. When it's a viable option, I'm sure we'll see the one's staying home again. Just keep plugging away and make sure you keep the drum corps dream alive.

Congrats to all corps making the trip to DCA this year. It is a huge commitment and not always the best plan for a drum corps. When it's a viable option, I'm sure we'll see the one's staying home again. Just keep plugging away and make sure you keep the drum corps dream alive.

Great post!! Well said.

If you really think about it, it's almost takes a miracle to get any corps (Open or Class A) 20 miles down the road, let alone all the way to Rochester.

Well White Sabers declaired A class, and soing well, full at 65. 31 horns, 15 color gaurd, 15 field battery, 4 pit,2 drum majors,,,WHOLE WORLD OF DIFFERANCE FROM LAST YEAR!!! ANd what a sound! Wiat and see folks, juat wait and see....

Well White Sabers declaired A class, and soing well, full at 65. 31 horns, 15 color gaurd, 15 field battery, 4 pit,2 drum majors,,,WHOLE WORLD OF DIFFERANCE FROM LAST YEAR!!! ANd what a sound! Wiat and see folks, juat wait and see....

Yeah but what about the spelling lessons? LOL...just busting your chops. Ben teaching you how to spell?