CAVALIERS!

There are reviews in the review section of this forum.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say at the moment I like the show but doesn't have a strong hook for me like past cavie shows. (Although I do like the drum break and last minute a LOT)

It's interesting that many people on this post are saying that it's the "some old, same old" from the Cavaliers. Well that may be true but same can be said for every corps out there. BD, same identity. Phantom, same identity. Bluecoats, same.....

I guess it will be the same old same old come Saturday night August 12th. Either 1st place or 2nd. Yawn, how boring, huh? From someone who marched at a time when The Cavaliers were having issues both on and off the field, I can live with that kind of boring.

It's interesting that many people on this post are saying that it's the "some old, same old" from the Cavaliers. Well that may be true but same can be said for every corps out there. BD, same identity. Phantom, same identity. Bluecoats, same.....

I guess it will be the same old same old come Saturday night August 12th. Either 1st place or 2nd. Yawn, how boring, huh? From someone who marched at a time when The Cavaliers were having issues both on and off the field, I can live with that kind of boring.

It's not THAT.. It's that the ballad has that loud chord they cut off on.. just like in 04 and 02 and alot of years, and reusing the theme from spin cycle and the drill just looks the same to me..

It's not about their identity... it just sounds like you could put 01, 02, 03, and 06 together and make one big show, and it would be called " WE LIKE BOXES!!"

thats just my feeling..

Edited by kingdarkstar

It's not THAT.. It's that the ballad has that loud chord they cut off on.. just like in 04 and 02 and alot of years, and reusing the theme from spin cycle and the drill just looks the same to me..

It's not about their identity... it just sounds like you could put 01, 02, 03, and 06 together and make one big show, and it would be called " WE LIKE BOXES!!"

thats just my feeling..

Sounds about like BD the last few years, eh? WE LIKE DRUM RACKS AND THAT #### RHYTHM WE PLAYED EVERY YEAR FOR THREE YEARS IN A ROW

I would guess the spin cycle part of the show is going to be cut out when the new ending comes about.

What's wrong with the a cappella chord? IMO, it's something they can do that nobody else can, and it's fun for them to incorporate it into shows now and again.

That can be your opinion.

I think differently. To me it is a fresh idea, fused with some elements that make it classic Cavaliers. Much more aggressive than seasons past, with awesome drill. And I like it.

I'm waiting to hear the Blue Devils. It feels like it'll be FOREVER until we can get an APD from them!

Sounds about like BD the last few years, eh? WE LIKE DRUM RACKS AND THAT #### RHYTHM WE PLAYED EVERY YEAR FOR THREE YEARS IN A ROW

I would guess the spin cycle part of the show is going to be cut out when the new ending comes about.

What's wrong with the a cappella chord? IMO, it's something they can do that nobody else can, and it's fun for them to incorporate it into shows now and again.

i like how you talk about the same rhythm bd does.. too bad its different CHORDS, so its not the EXACT same MUSIC, everyone reuses rhythms, unless you're suggesting they should make up totally new rhythms and make even more syncopation occur, and oh.. sixteenth note runs.. nope, can't do those anymore. NOT INNOVATIVE.. pleeeeease..., oh and.. BD hasn't done a DRUM RACK since.. 03?? that was 3 years ago buddy...

Edited by kingdarkstar

Hey Jayzer, two things:

1. :feednotroll:

2. We can support the Cavaliers without having to attack a great corps like the Blue Devils in return. Both groups put out great shows year in and year out.

Edited by Maedhros

Out of curiosity, those of you who have already formed a 'strong' opinion of the show (either "I love it" or "I don't like it/it's the same old same old"), are you basing your thoughts based on a home made video viewed on line and/or the DCI web recording, or are you basing it off of seeing the show live and in person?

Personally, I'm basing my positive review based on video and audio recordings I've seen/heard, and based on the concept and potential this show has. I have not seen it live, nor will I see it live all summer (not until the 'professinal' DCI quarters in the theater thing). I'm wondering if those of you with strong opinions are forming ideas based on a mediocre video (no offense, G-Cym; I loved it, but it's not pro quality; I don't want that to sound like I'm slamming you, by the way: I'm VERY greatful that I got to see that video yesterday), pseduo-decent DCI web cam work (where the camera has a glare, is focused in the center and dosen't move, and isn't exactly high enough to get a good 'read' on the drill forms), or seeing it live.

***NOTE***

PLEASE do not misconstrue my thoughts as slamming DCI's web production and other people's home movies. Living in CA, I am very appreciative of any 'bone' that people throw our way.

--

doug