CAVALIERS!

I believe the main reason people have issues with the Cavaliers is the lack of emotion that seems to come from them.

<snip>

Without this, the members are able to concentrate on their playing technique, dynamics, and whatnot more. This cuts out mindless overblowing that gives them their high brass scores annually.

Actually, I think what gives them their high brass scores annually is more likely a product of a well-taught technique and a completely committed student body than it is a product of their disconnect from "emotion."

Not every performer falls "victim" to their emotions and throws their technique out the window as a result.

Speaking as a performer who has battled emotional "overblowing" in my chosen field, with practice and excellent teaching, some of us can channel it into our technique, instead.

That's what I see in the Cavaliers -- not from the stands, from up close.

Stef

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no.. when BD does it, its NOT a signature in everyone's mind.. its just Something they have done too much... and nobody likes that they do it... and there have been many people that were like.. OMG they're doing the DRUM RACK THING AGAIN.. put it to REST!!

and you know its true.

So.. Let me just get this straight before I "put it to REST"...

Because there are some people on a message board.. whom you don't know.. and whose opinions you claim not to care about.. who hold the opinion that the drum rack BD did a few years in a row was redundant or boring.. You've decided you're Captain America, swooping out of "lurkerdom" to unsully the reputation of a Division I corps you happen to like?

Because people you don't know and don't care about disagree with you?

Seriously?

Dude. I don't think I'm the one who needs to put anything to rest.

DCP has a spanktastic little jobby called an "ignore feature" -- you can put as many people as you want on it.. there's no limit or anything. So here's a little advice...

Rather than come onto a message board for the first time with both barrels blazing and blast back at what you perceive to be "the enemy" -- why not try participating in the "conversation?" Take part in the "exchange of opinions.." Contribute to the "discussion.."

If that's really what you're here to do, why did you sabotage yourself in your first couple of posts?

And before you pull that broad brush out and paint "everyones" and "nobodys" all over the place.. I wrote for DCW during the years that BD was doing that drum rack thing and I liked it.. I reviewed it favorably every single time BECAUSE I liked it. I still like it.

And I'm not even a big BD fan. I'm a former west coaster who was RAISED on BD, SCV, VK and all things west.. and whose absolute FAVORITE corps until I got through most of my college experience was Garfield Cadets.. even though I don't fit into your "everybody" and "nobody" pallette, I'm the proof.

I'm the proof that your assessment and generalization is dead wrong and I'm not alone.

So.. let's do everyone a favor.. I'll find a way to restrain myself from completely incinerating you for every ridiculous post you make on this topic, and you can put me and everyone else you perceive as "the enemy" on ignore.. and we'll all be one big happy smiling family.

How's that sound?

Stef

You know Stef, with you being the DCP she-pimp, you might want to reword that a little... ^0^

LOL now how can I continue being a ###### if you keep coming in here and cracking me up?

Stef

What? DCI Classic Countdown 2006 on google...........?

**runs away**

The video was not produced by the Cavaliers, nor can it be found on their website. The poster violated the guidelines of the forums by posting it.

But it was a great video.

:P

Actually the videos are done by Rick Lund (former Cavalier Drum Major) who is traveling with the Cavaliers. I was there working with them as a volunteer when they did the guard uniform one. He videos and then puts them on that site. Try accessing it from the cavaliers website. There is a link under the headlines section of the website.

Rick Lunn, not Lund.

Also, they are referring to the bootleg video of Toledo, not the "Building the Machine" series of videos.

:P

Actually the videos are done by Rick Lund (former Cavalier Drum Major) who is traveling with the Cavaliers. I was there working with them as a volunteer when they did the guard uniform one. He videos and then puts them on that site. Try accessing it from the cavaliers website. There is a link under the headlines section of the website.

And the freakin' BALLAD...best ballad since '92's Peterloo Overture, and I'm serious.

Cavies '92 ballad would be towards the bottom of my Cavies ballad since '91.

Cheers, :rock:

Sean

w/Stp:

no.. i believe people on here, for the most part.. Bash it..

and i have seen it..

i was a longtime lurker on here.. and now i've come out of hiding.

even though you got banned (haha) let me rephrase what you said

no.. i believe people on here, for the most part.. Bash EVERYTHING ABOUT BD..