Will RCR catch Renegades?

River City Regiment vs. Renegades  

179 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think River City Regiment will outscore Renegades at some point this season?

• Yes
    • No

i'm not gonna make predictions or say i want one over the other. i am just glad to see we have multiple kick ### DCA corps on the west coast.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hope they enjoyed it.....

Actually, I think we did enjoy it. Considering we've never, EVER been within 7 points (There's that number again), in our history, it was quite enjoyable. However, we all knew some of the circumstances involved with the Renegades this season, and knew they weren't just going to roll over and die. And we witnessed their perseverance and heart this weekend.

The Renegades have been showing us the way from the first time they took the field in Stockton several years ago. I, for one, appreciate what they bring to the table...AND the field. And I think as RCR and Dream become more competitive (and hopefully others that follow!), it will only make ALL of us better and stronger.

So here's to competitive drum corps on the West Coast... :worthy: ...and may it be here for a LOOOOONG time!

By the way, after the Sunnyvale show, members from all three corps will be partying together. Some of us actually enjoy spending time together off the competition field.

It's true! I'm opening my house to all three west coast all-age corps this Saturday night for a mega-party after the show. If you're in the area, stop by!

See you on the 50,

- Greg

IMO, no different than all the smack talk in the parking lot long before the Internet.

Sounds like good old fashioned competition to me - and to meld a couple thread topics together, makes me wish the CorpsVets would/could make the trip out to CA.

It's true! I'm opening my house to all three west coast all-age corps this Saturday night for a mega-party after the show. If you're in the area, stop by!

See you on the 50,

- Greg

More time in the drumcorps lounge!! :) :worthy:

More time in the drumcorps lounge!! :) :worthy:

Heh. Yes.... the drum corps lounge will be open in full force (30+ years of drum corps DVDs). In the living room we'll also be showing video of Saturday's performances.

And, of course, we'll have munchies, beverages, a Poker Room, dance floor/DJ, hot tub... A great time for west coast senior corps members to celebrate a successful 2006 season!

See you by the fire pit,

- Greg

makes me wish the CorpsVets would/could make the trip out to CA.

OMG............THAT would be totally awesome!!!!!! I would LOVE to have our CV brothers and sisters out here!!!!!

come on out guys!!! :P

IMO, no different than all the smack talk in the parking lot long before the Internet.

Sounds like good old fashioned competition to me - and to meld a couple thread topics together, makes me wish the CorpsVets would/could make the trip out to CA.

Actually, it's funny you should mention this. The last few years at DCA, I've had the opportunity to hang out with some east coast peeps from verious corps (Statesment, Bucs, etc)....those guys and their "smack talk" are BRUTAL. They practically go for the jugular! And it's all in good brotherhood.

I liken to any "issues" RCR and Renegades have had to the two siblings in the back seat on a long family vacation.

Tommy: Mommmm.... Jimmy's touching me

Mom: Don't touch your brother

Jimmy: :::menacingly wiggling his fingers dangeroudly close to Tommy::: I'm not touching you....I'm not touching you..

Tommy: Mommmmmmm!

Mom: DON'T MAKE ME TURN THIS CAR AROUND!!!!!

Heh..... any "smack talk" between RCR and Renegades PALES in comparison to you hard core East Coast types. I'd be crying like a little girl if I marched out there.

Heh. :P

Smack talk I can take (heck I can dish it out). I just hate when WUSSIES (with a "P") have annonymous screen names and post nonsensical bull #### just to stir the pot.

Rock on.