No Cadets APD

That, and because "tanking" a show to prove a point goes against just about everything drum corps stands for.

Really...

I learned about tanking quick... It was only a runthrough too.

I just didn't play it to prove the point that I wasn't the one playing out of the ensemble. Maybe it was that I brusied the instructors ego.... "Shannon, you where to loud again". Me: "How? I wasn't playing."

I took #### for weeks. Hey... They found the culprit the next day though. ^0^

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless...I still know of no corps that would do this, so it is a moot point.

It needn't be a tanked show. I saw a couple of quite accidental train wrecks from a corps that I was quite familiar with last year. The scores and positions stayed consistent with their stellar shows from the same point in the season.

What a tangled web all this (the judging questions, the need for professional sound people, even after the mix board rule this year) has become.

:(

And EVERY SINGLE ONE of these issues was well known and discussed here to no end before the first amped season. WE knew this bull$$$$ was going to happen. And it's seriously hampering this season.

I usually stand up for the BOD and change and against the "old timers" on this board. But this time I gotta say, repeal the #### amp rule until they can figure out how to make it work with drum corps. Because they are f-ing up a lot of stuff with the constant bungleing of amp-related issues.

And EVERY SINGLE ONE of these issues was well known and discussed here to no end before the first amped season. WE knew this bull$$$$ was going to happen. And it's seriously hampering this season.

I usually stand up for the BOD and change and against the "old timers" on this board. But this time I gotta say, repeal the #### amp rule until they can figure out how to make it work with drum corps. Because they are f-ing up a lot of stuff with the constant bungleing of amp-related issues.

I'm going to agree here, and not as a amp-hater, or a dino...or blah blah blah.

...but when we discuss the fineries of sound engineering (both as instructors, and on message boards) more than we do how ####### cool X drill move, or Y chart is....something is amiss.

Maybe this year, after Finals, they can come up with something...maybe even have a set kind of equipment for the corps. It all seems so messy right now.

Edited by bawker

and also with them not releasing the APD, isn't it kind of like the year that the BD horn had a major mess up. And they didn't put that on the dvd, they put the semi-finals performance. Someone correct me if im wrong please

The '89 Legacy DVD does have the finals performance

The audio file is, I'll assume, semis at least for that solo...so you hear it as it should've been

But the amps feel your unconditional love.

Missing in your evaluation, Wayne, is that I am NOT a fan of amps. I certainly don't hate them like some of you folks, but I'm not a fan, either. I think we could do well enough without them.

The difference between what I actually think and what you would like to think I think is that I really don't care if there are amps on the field or not.

I decided to give it a chance and you know what? It didn't kill me. I even liked some of the effects that could be pushed to the forefront of a performance.

ooohh... big bad amplifiers.. the end of drum corps as we know it.. clowns and jugglers.. the day drum corps died.. if I want to see dancing I'll go to the ballet.. oooohhh..

How did you manage to develop such an inflated sense of self worth to believe that the way a corps is or isn't judged can have anything to do with sitting in the stands and enjoying a show?

Because you marched once upon a time? You think they "owe it to you?" Because you bought a ticket and you went to a show? The whole of DCI owes you a judging system for something you aren't even involved in the production of?

Do you REALLY feel like you lost money if you went to a show, had a good time, watched a few corps you liked and a few you didn't and then when you got home discovered that the crackles and pops you heard on some corps' amps were "given a free pass?"

Really? Is the enjoyment you had from sitting in the stands seriously diminished that much because of how a panel of people you don't even know "judged" a performance you watched?

That's a shame.

Here's a hint for you. If you don't like it, who's forcing you to go? Really. I don't understand this "I want to be entertained by this but they aren't doing it... so they have to change it to what I'm entertained by.." mentality. I just don't.

Stef

Here's a hint for you. If you don't like it, who's forcing you to go?

That's not it at all. We go to shows expecting to see what we have fallen in love with for all these years, but do not. It's disappointing, if nothing else. Corps can very easily realize that some of the things they're doing are not bringing drum corps in the direction most desired by fans and can change this...and then everyone will be happy. And I don't want to hear anything about how by not using amps corps would be leaving a whole realm of creativity and cease to entertain an entire group of fans...corps from 1972 to 2003 were exponentially more creative and had more creative shows on the field than they do now, for sure, and NO ONE in that era complained, "Hmm, if only we could add a little singing to this section and a few minutes of talking right here." This is ridiculous.

Edited by Hrothgar15

Speaking of Larry, are pigeons performance issues? 100 inquiring minds on Long Island still want to know. :P

And both disasters took place at Hershey which is Unca Larrys least favorite place anymore.

Just too bad there isn't a DVD of 1980 DCA. ^0^ My wife still doesn't believe my story of Walt "Moses" Kelly parting the Dove Sea with his starters pistol. :P :P :P :P

Missing in your evaluation, Wayne, is that I am NOT a fan of amps. I certainly don't hate them like some of you folks, but I'm not a fan, either. I think we could do well enough without them.

The difference between what I actually think and what you would like to think I think is that I really don't care if there are amps on the field or not.

I decided to give it a chance and you know what? It didn't kill me. I even liked some of the effects that could be pushed to the forefront of a performance.

ooohh... big bad amplifiers.. the end of drum corps as we know it.. clowns and jugglers.. the day drum corps died.. if I want to see dancing I'll go to the ballet.. oooohhh..

How did you manage to develop such an inflated sense of self worth to believe that the way a corps is or isn't judged can have anything to do with sitting in the stands and enjoying a show?

Because you marched once upon a time? You think they "owe it to you?" Because you bought a ticket and you went to a show? The whole of DCI owes you a judging system for something you aren't even involved in the production of?

Do you REALLY feel like you lost money if you went to a show, had a good time, watched a few corps you liked and a few you didn't and then when you got home discovered that the crackles and pops you heard on some corps' amps were "given a free pass?"

Really? Is the enjoyment you had from sitting in the stands seriously diminished that much because of how a panel of people you don't even know "judged" a performance you watched?

That's a shame.

Here's a hint for you. If you don't like it, who's forcing you to go? Really. I don't understand this "I want to be entertained by this but they aren't doing it... so they have to change it to what I'm entertained by.." mentality. I just don't.

Stef

Holy cow. All of this because of a "The amps feel your unconditional love" ?? Are you having a bad day ? Seriously ?

~G~