I beg to differ when Sun had Zingali writing in the late 80's.

Amen. Those were some cutting-edge drills teamed with challenging music. Zingali! :rock:

I saw lots of difficult drill in Dover. I loved everyone, was a little disappointed in the size of some, but, hey, they're out there doing it in '06 -- That means a lot. Can't wait for the next DCA encounter for me after California, in Manassas, uh Woodbridge...in MD.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I beg to differ when Sun had Zingali writing in the late 80's.

That's great.....but Zingali and Sylvester were on our staff and wrote our drill in 1984 (along with Cesario...... who designed our unis the same year). Actually, I have a lot of respect for the Sunrisers of that era. That was the only corp that I could have seen myself in if I were not in Bush.

Agreed, it was the first show in a long line of tough competitions to come for 2006. Just remember though, no matter who has an opinion about anything, there will always be 1 person who thought otherwise.

I commend anyone who writes a review without trying to walk egg shells. It is important for the people not in attendence to get a feel of what the show was like without the writer worrying about who he is going to offend, because mark my words, someone will always be offended somehow.

and i usually succeed at offending :P

Speaking of that..... a few weeks to go until what could be the "review of the decade".... your take on DCI Allentown. B)

No pressure, though....

Fran

no pressure at all, unless you count me trying to find a way not to be banned for saying what will be said

Around the time you guys are talking about...Steve Brubaker was writing drill for the Crusaders as well...so the Bushwackers werent the ONLY corps that did tough drill. Empire was doing Vince Monacelli stuff (in his best days) and Cabs also marched some pretty intense drill from Dan McBride. I know that these corps didnt just stand around and play.

Just my .02 as I sit home on a Saturday afternoon....NOT doing any drill at all, and enjoying it LOL

Donny.

Around the time you guys are talking about...Steve Brubaker was writing drill for the Crusaders as well...so the Bushwackers werent the ONLY corps that did tough drill. Empire was doing Vince Monacelli stuff (in his best days) and Cabs also marched some pretty intense drill from Dan McBride. I know that these corps didnt just stand around and play.

Just my .02 as I sit home on a Saturday afternoon....NOT doing any drill at all, and enjoying it LOL

Donny.

Were you sitting under an apple tree? :-)

Were you sitting under an apple tree? :-)

were you backwashing a pool? ^0^

no pressure at all, unless you count me trying to find a way not to be banned for saying what will be said

Which makes your review bogus and a non-event, as you have already pre-decided "what will be said".

Which makes your review bogus and a non-event, as you have already pre-decided "what will be said".

Mike you read way too mch into this. you know me...i can say a zillion different things and still be on the verge of being banned.

take your Borg hat off for a second, relax, and laugh at life.