More DCI Atlanta questions...

So...

If I were to, say, be using Priceline in order to get a nice hotel for the regional in Atlanta...

Would a local Atlanta-ite suggest getting one in the following regions:

Downtown

Airport

Eastern and Northern Suburbs

Atlanta West

Someone in an earlier thread suggested the Peachtree Westin, but I don't think I can afford $340 for two nights...remember, I'm a freaking doctoral student...I'm lower than pond scum financially, at least until I start getting checks for drill writing. :P

I don't mind riding the rail if it makes things easier (and as long as it runs after the show so I can get back to the hotel).

Anyone have any suggestions on the above? Or, better yet, specific hotel suggestions that won't break my bank?

Thanks...I can't believe what a great lineup this is...it will be almost as good as Finals for me.

P.S. Buy my DCI tickets! :) They are great seats...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=330002558441

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try Hilton. Doubletree, Hampton, or Embassy some of thise go for less than 120/night.

Personally, I am using points for 2 free nights at the Embassy Suites at the Centennial Olympic Park (30000 per)

Take it from me a HiltonHonors Gold VIP

go to the hilton website for the best rates...dont forget to choose all Hilton Family brands when searching

you can get hilton atl airport for $87/night

may be i'll see ya there, my tix are in the 200 section

Edited by Tony Flores

Hey I bid on your tickets a few weeks ago!! lol...have you decided to continue the bidding? Oh and once I finish up my undergrad I to will be schlumped away to the dogs of law school financial aid :(

Hey I bid on your tickets a few weeks ago!! lol...have you decided to continue the bidding? Oh and once I finish up my undergrad I to will be schlumped away to the dogs of law school financial aid :(

Well...some guy bid on the tickets for $450. Then, on the night before the auction ended, he retracted his bid, leaving me high and dry, with no real explanation (said he couldn't contact me...)

I'm trying to get face value for them, of course, but as a poor grad student, I'm not going to say "no" if someone bids more for them...after all, when Finals was in Madison in 2002, my $395 tickets sold for $600 (Wisconsin does not have a "scalping" law).

Still, since we're getting pretty close, I don't know what I'll do if this auction ends without a sale...we'll see.

Well...some guy bid on the tickets for $450. Then, on the night before the auction ended, he retracted his bid, leaving me high and dry, with no real explanation (said he couldn't contact me...)

I'm trying to get face value for them, of course, but as a poor grad student, I'm not going to say "no" if someone bids more for them...after all, when Finals was in Madison in 2002, my $395 tickets sold for $600 (Wisconsin does not have a "scalping" law).

Still, since we're getting pretty close, I don't know what I'll do if this auction ends without a sale...we'll see.

yeah I read that on e-bay that it was retracted (I was the next highest bidder) hah. Well hopefully you'll be able to get them for a higher price than face value!

a Console]

I just finalized plans to go to Atlanta. I'm 'whelmed" to say the least with ticket selection. Am I better to wait and buy tickets at the GA Dome?

a Console]

I just finalized plans to go to Atlanta. I'm 'whelmed" to say the least with ticket selection. Am I better to wait and buy tickets at the GA Dome?

Wait. There is ALWAYS someone selling extra tickets. And Ron is usually there with good tickets (stocky black guy that's almost always at every regional and championships buying extra tickets and selling them). I never buy tickets for the regionals, since I am usually not certain whether I will be able to attend or not. I always buy them just before the show that day, and I don't think I have ever sat outside the 40 yard line or been lower than half way up the stands.

I just need to make sure and print out a stadium section chart before I get there.

Hotel wise, I got a quote from hotwire for $68 a night at what hotwire calls a "three-and-a-half" star hotel in Buckhead. Based on a couple of co-worker's reaction, their response has been "no way." I've also heard good things about the Airport Hilton Gardens.

Thanks