Indy is streaming

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the Blue Devils twice last weekend in CA. I especially like the beginning with the roving snares/gunfire/gangsters. Especially when they come to the front sideline for a final 'machine gun' sweep.

For some reason, I always love the BD music, but their visual program never really does much for me.

Yeah, same here. They execute it really well, but I can never remember a single drill move after watching them, and nothing catches my eye while they perform. For me, they're like Phantom. Great CDs, but just lacking visually...

I quite liked Carolina Crown tonight....yes, I know they aren't the top dogs by any means, but their sound was much crisper and melodic than some of the higher scoring corps.

yup, i really liked crown as well. nice deep sounds. it was great.

eh...

Park and blow / scatter drill / park and blow / scatter drill... It was ok for the first tune - but now it's getting old. They SOUND amazing. I am sure they'll win horns considering all the park time / but the drill is for the birds.

A-MEN BROTHER...they Play Well, Sound very good, and yes have a very high track record for very clean marching..but the DRILL HAS GOTTA GO, they have some of the most boring Drill, i really wish they would go in a different direction with their drill book and MAJORILY INCREASE the Difficulty. :worthy::ph34r:

Edited by Zeke

For some reason, I always love the BD music, but their visual program never really does much for me.

I'm afraid that's been my impression of them for years as well. LOVE to listen to them; to watch them, though - not so much. At least they don't still do "curly Q after curly Q" sets like they used to years ago . . .

Yep

The crappy thing: it took 'em roughly 5 hours to "fix" whatever the issue was.

There were six hours between the noon show and the night show. In other words, they could've EASILY worked this out during the early show, and had everything ready to go by the start of the night show.

Still not happy (but at least DCI was working to fix the mac problem)....

Yeh, curious why they had to route the feed via the Santa Clara web site? Thank you SCV.

Go to see only BD, and of course, who does tonight's encore....BD. Not that I don't like BD, but would have liked to

hear another corps under the circumstances.

I too thought I was hearig some pitch problems from BD trumpets by the end of the show.

well - its impossible to judge the performance level with the choppy video and compressed audio - but it looks like Cavaliers probably took it tonight. They were cleaner than most and have a better program than BD. I see Cadets in 3rd

I agree with you George (again). Cavies the cleanest tonight visually by far. Nice balanced horn sound, too. BUT Cadets and BD have ALOT of potential. I think it will be close at the end of the season. Will get a better read live in Atlanta.