Indianapolis IN review

It's not like the music was interrupted or anything.

Exactly- there wasn't any music to interrupt :P

"Pizza!"- as disrespectful as yelling "Vanguard!" B)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing as I didn't have anything thrown at me, wasn't asked to leave the stadium by security or Hoppy himself, and the fact that some people around me laughed right along with me, I'd say that no harm was done.

Bottom line, nobody's enjoyment was ruined- it was ENHANCED.

Bottom line...it's not anyone in the stands job to play "show enhancer"...and just because others were not rude back at you in no way means that you didnt' ruin the "moment" for them. You have no way of knowing what reaction you had.

I am sorry, Mat, but IMO it is never appropriate for an audience member to be part of the show. That some people laughed means that you did indeed ruin the mood being set by the corps on the field in a way they did not intend.

"EXCELLENT REVIEW" all the cadet-bashers will lap it up like lemmings.

he gave great details on all the shows. maybe the more you ry bias, the more biased you become.

"Pizza!"- as disrespectful as yelling "Vanguard!" B)

So, why didn't you yell "Holy Name" or "Do it" or "Go for it?"

You get the picture -- :ph34r:

Speaking of Cadets, it's that time where half the people reading this thread are going to start sending me hate mail. Again, this is As I Saw It. They still have the same backward uniforms as last season, keeping the whole "Zone" theme going. However, while last year's show was exciting and driving, this show was NOT. They start off with the last minute of drill from last year's show, with no music accompanying, then they move on to a soft opening statement. You expect to hear some kind of strong musical impact, but they don't bring it out at this point, and the opener seems flat and downright boring as a result. I think they also spin around some floral screens at this point (I guess we're "through the looking glass" now) that look cute, but don't really add all that much. The drum line is pretty good again this year- in fact, they probably have more material than the horns, who again go silent for most of this segment. There's a lot of high-powererd drumming while the guard characters prance around and ask "Where are we?" (to which I responded, "On a football field!"). I could go on, but my main criticism is this: this show is suffering from a bad case of sequal-itis, and it's not going to win no matter what they do with it, because the show is focused too much on the characters and not on the actual performance. It's like a lot of hollywood sequels that emphasize spectacle and high-cost visual effects (speaking of which, I'd wager they probably need a 3rd semi to haul around all the props) rather than things like plot and acting. I'll end on a positive note- the ballad is pretty, and the vocal soloist there is a nice addition to it (when she's not getting washed by the dome). There- I said something nice about the Cadets- you can stop yelling now

i saw cadets their first show out

from what i was hearing i actually thought their show was going to be horrible

fooled me, it was actually entertaining for some spectaters in the audience while others hung their head in disappointment.

at some points of the show i actually didnt know what was going on, while others had me on the edge of my seat

i liked the show

I am an unashamed cadet lover and your review seemed appropriate. There wasn't a meanest of spirit just a consideration of your impressions of the show. Thank you and well done.

Now the question I have is, I only watched the streamed version of the show which was about 3 inches by 3 inches on my computer so obviosuly there was alot missing from my experience but Devils seemed visually less impressive and coordinated from a group impact standpoint then Cavies. I was surprised they won. I would like to hear from thise there regarding this.

i saw cadets their first show out

from what i was hearing i actually thought their show was going to be horrible

fooled me, it was actually entertaining for some spectaters in the audience while others hung their head in disappointment.

at some points of the show i actually didnt know what was going on, while others had me on the edge of my seat

i liked the show

kinda of like Alice's experience "Through the looking glass"

Imagine that. :)

Glad you liked the show!

For the people who were at the show:

Does anyone know what the deal was with that guy near the front of the crowd waving the British flag before and after the Glassmen show? I had no idea what their show was going to be beforehand and because of that flag I thought they'd be playing British music and so did people sitting near me. Anyway, their silent drill with the rifle toss and then the horn entrance exactly when the toss was caught was the most memorable part of the whole evening for me (except for marching in the Minnesota Brass show of course).

Oh, they are....they are.

Anyone going to Allentown will get to see the defending DCA champion and current-season undefeated front-runner, the Reading Buccaneers.

John,

Are the Bucs performing Friday night or Saturday?

Also, for anyone attending Allentown on Saturday.... don't forget (hee!) that the BRIDGEMEN ALUMNI CORPS will be performing in exhibition. Good times.. good times.

For the people who were at the show:

Does anyone know what the deal was with that guy near the front of the crowd waving the British flag before and after the Glassmen show?

I think the answer to that was posted recently...but sad to say I forget where. I think he is "just" a volunteer/fan.