What is the difference between 2005 & 2006?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

G is right. Last year was not as bad. The worst last year was the door, the rap, and the narration. This year it's not as if the Cadets are innovating, because they are not, but they are taking it further than most ever have (in drum corps). The singing, the narration and acting, the characters, the props. It is not an easy thing to do, but they are trying to put on a Broadway-like production with mics and all, but they are learning that such a production costs tons of money for a reason. And is this the best thing for the activity.

Hopkins' blog was good and well said, but the anti-ampers and the anit-singing, etc., have a good argument, and they should continue with their fight (in a constructive way, of course). I don't always agree with G, but he sticks to the facts and just calls it the way he sees it, and he doesn't make it personal. G, just don't let the Cadets borgs get you all riled up. :)

I think the fact that the Cadets won added more fury to those who hate them. I'd say it's a little bit more overblown this year, but not much. Given all of the threads stared in the past 2 hours over the Cadets, it seems that a lot of people just got home from a bad day at work. Sheesh! :P

I think the fact that the Cadets won added more fury to those who hate them. I'd say it's a little bit more overblown this year, but not much. Given all of the threads stared in the past 2 hours over the Cadets, it seems that a lot of people just got home from a bad day at work. Sheesh! :P

Lord.

They made you a Forum Support Team member?

They'll let anyone in!

(...said because I got asked, too!) :P

yea, this years installment in a lot more inflammatory.

There really isn't that much voice in it though. I mean, reading some of the reviews I thought it was basically gonna be a broadway show, and it's not, it's a drum and bugle corps show, with some singing, and seriously like 5 lines of narration. In my opinion, there is so much slolid drum corps, the other stuff doesn't matter.

I agree with George that 2006 is alot better designed than 2005, now you may not like the designer choices, but it flows alot more I think, and is more like a dream, completley non-linear, not just 4 unconnected thoughts like 2005.

Edited by tubacurt

I agree, I wasn't on DCP last, year, but ;ast year, the show was a whole different ballgame. Nothing too cheesy. The only real *talking* (correct me if I'm wrong, I only have an APD) was the drumspeak, which was awesome. (There was the little blurb before the drum solo, but that wasn't too long or bad.) The ballad was beautiful. (no singer needed.) It was just on a new level. A great performance.

This year is like a freak show. (Just my opinion)

2005 The Cadets ----------> :worthy:

2006 The Cadets ----------> <**>

I have followed the Cadets for 15 years now and Cadets bashing is nothing new. Way before amps and vocals the Cadets were held to different standards than most other corps. They have been criticized no matter what they do on the field. I have learned over the years to expect the criticism, and for the most part, it has become amusing. So call me a "Borg" if you wish, the Cadets are my team and I have much respect for them as an organization, as well as what they bring to the field.

G is right. Last year was not as bad. The worst last year was the door, the rap, and the narration. This year it's not as if the Cadets are innovating, because they are not, but they are taking it further than most ever have (in drum corps). The singing, the narration and acting, the characters, the props. It is not an easy thing to do, but they are trying to put on a Broadway-like production with mics and all, but they are learning that such a production costs tons of money for a reason. And is this the best thing for the activity.

Hopkins' blog was good and well said, but the anti-ampers and the anit-singing, etc., have a good argument, and they should continue with their fight (in a constructive way, of course). I don't always agree with G, but he sticks to the facts and just calls it the way he sees it, and he doesn't make it personal. G, just don't let the Cadets borgs get you all riled up. :)

Thanks Jonathan,

I dont let them get to me. I just laugh because I already know what they are going to sling my way. LOL

~G~

I have followed the Cadets for 15 years now and Cadets bashing is nothing new. Way before amps and vocals the Cadets were held to different standards than most other corps. They have been criticized no matter what they do on the field. I have learned over the years to expect the criticism, and for the most part, it has become amusing. So call me a "Borg" if you wish, the Cadets are my team and I have much respect for them as an organization, as well as what they bring to the field.

Bravo ! Good for you and I am happy you feel that way and would fight anyone who tried to keep you from feeling that way or posting how you feel.

~G~

Bravo ! Good for you and I am happy you feel that way and would fight anyone who tried to keep you from feeling that way or posting how you feel.

~G~