What's the best year in Drum Corps history?

good call mark riley.....the golden years for sure!!!

Edited by zarblap

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

good call mark riley.....the golden years for sure!!! some!!!

Fixed :P

FYI, I totally respect the opinions of the posters before me. Not trying to bash any era, just having a little fun:)

I have to agree with many here. 1980 was just awesome closely followed by 1982. I liked 1980 because it was a horse race from the beginning of the season to the end. It was also a year where I could watched the DVD over and over again as everyone in the top 12 had very good shows. It was probably the best year for showcasing colorguards as well.

1982 was a great year for all of drum corps. Alot of really good drum corps didn't even make the top 12. We almost didn't make it either, our preliminary performance was freakin terrible even though It was one of my best shows all season.

I'll go with two years, 1969 for all the reasons mentioned previously and because it was my first Nationals (ECB was toward the bottom

of the 88 corps). Thats where I discovered how great a drum corps could be and I was hooked for life.

1975 because we won every show and showed everyone that in your face drum corps CAN win. Its hard to explain how incredibally fun that year was.

Best in terms of performance quality in Division 1 - '02?

My favorite, in terms of entertainment value - 1991

Historically - can't be any year when there were fewer than 150 active junior drum & bugle corps hitting the field.

(edit - typo)

Edited by Orpheus

1974- For me, all the corps in the top twelve were absolutely superb!