Colts Work With Composer

Looks like the Colts are going after it! Brought in Samuel Hazo, composer of "Ride" for some work. Click on the link below.

I can't remember a time when the top 12, 13, 14... have been so competetive! I think corps placements could be moving all around until finals night. The Colts' show has the level of complexity and demand that can hold up going into Madison, and could put them up as high as 10th. However, there's also this thing called execution - some judges seem to think that's important too B)

This is turning out to be a great season for the fans! Here's the link: http://coltscooktruck.blogspot.com/

Edited by DCfan76

I saw this on the cooktruck this morning. Good idea by the Colts. Hope it pays off for them :)

i wonder what he thought of the arrangment(s), I haven't heard the colts yet, but with all the complaining about hack and slash arragnments, and no melody and b.s. like that about modern corps, it would be cool to see what the source composer thought of the arrangment.

note: im not saying colts are hack and slash.

Very cool of Hazo to make himself available like that.

Very cool of Hazo to make himself available like that.

I'm a big fan a Hazo's work!

Didn't Cadets bring in Holsinger during the years they did his work (In the Spring... and To Tame the Perilous Skies)? Also didn't Cavies have Michael Daugherty come in also (when he was still the resident composer for the Detroit Symphony Orchestra) for Niagra Falls?

Sam, besides being a great guy and willing to offer his time to anyone who wants his opinion (he's critiqued my recent concert band works for me...it was his offer to do so) is also a HUGE drum corps fan. Many may not know this, but for several years, he ran the Pittsburgh, PA show.

His current success as a composer is richly earned and drum corps needs more Sam Hazos.

I can't remember a time when the top 12, 13, 14... have been so competetive! I think corps placements could be moving all around until finals night.

I couldn't agree more. I was watching Capital Regiment last night thinking that their show would have easily been an 8-12 show 10 years ago but the competition from 12-15 seems so tight this year.

Looks like the Colts are going after it! Brought in Samuel Hazo, composer of "Ride" for some work. Click on the link below.

I can't remember a time when the top 12, 13, 14... have been so competetive! I think corps placements could be moving all around until finals night. The Colts' show has the level of complexity and demand that can hold up going into Madison, and could put them up as high as 10th. However, there's also this thing called execution - some judges seem to think that's important too B)

This is turning out to be a great season for the fans! Here's the link: http://coltscooktruck.blogspot.com/

Sam Hazo came and talked to us in 04 as well when we playd Ride for the Mood Swings production. He showed up for our home show and talked to us and whatnot, he's a really cool guy who had alot of good things to say.