Centerville, OH bar and grill

Madison, Gawd love them, are not going to finish in the top 5 my friend. It's not impossible. But seeing Madison in the top 5 after Finals this year is as probable as seeing snow falling in Madison that night. But that's just my opinion too.

And your opinion is vaild. Right now, it doesn't look promising....but it's a possibility. Their show is very demanding and the more they clean the bigger rewards they will get. No one thought Cadets were going to finish 2nd in 1992 (even the Monday before finals, when 8th place Phantom beat them). No one thought Star was going to finish 3rd in 1990. No one thought SCV would tie BD in Quarters in 1997 after starting the season 10 points behind. Those shows too big risks and hit it big when they cleaned.

Whether it will happen or not, I do not know. I do think Vanguard will beat both Bluecoats and Phantom come finals. I think they are likely about 2 points down from them both right now. We'll see in San Antonio.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And your opinion is vaild. Right now, it doesn't look promising....but it's a possibility. Their show is very demanding and the more they clean the bigger rewards they will get. No one thought Cadets were going to finish 2nd in 1992 (even the Monday before finals, when 8th place Phantom beat them). No one thought Star was going to finish 3rd in 1990. No one thought SCV would tie BD in Quarters in 1997 after starting the season 10 points behind. Those shows too big risks and hit it big when they cleaned.

Whether it will happen or not, I do not know. I do think Vanguard will beat both Bluecoats and Phantom come finals. I think they are likely about 2 points down from them both right now. We'll see in San Antonio.

I agree...history has born this out...I can't understand why it's so hard to believe. But then again, everyone has their favorites, and many place more emphasis on the present than anything. Especially considering many predictions I've read on here had people all but willing to put the Scouts out of finals only 2 weeks into the season. We've only reached our "All-Star Break" and there's a lot more "baseball" to be played! :P

I don't know if this makes sense but, the top 3 corps will see their scores' progression slow down a bit in the next weeks. ( or else, BD will get a 99 before the prelims even start ) and the corps behind them will continue to improve in scores a little bit more, hence making it possible that corps 4 to 8 or 9 will get a lot tighter and anything will then become possible as placement is concerned.

Last year's final standings where pretty close....they will be even more closer this year.....and anything goes !!

OK, everyone just take a breath. Madison beating Boston at this show does NOT mean they are heading for the top four.......neither does it mean that they have "put Boston behing them" for good. What it does mean is that at this show, Madison got a higher score......period.

Take a chill guys. Let's see if this is a one night thing or if it is a trend. A little too soon to be doing DCI Ring fittings.

OK, everyone just take a breath. Madison beating Boston at this show does NOT mean they are heading for the top four.......neither does it mean that they have "put Boston behing them" for good. What it does mean is that at this show, Madison got a higher score......period.

Take a chill guys. Let's see if this is a one night thing or if it is a trend. A little too soon to be doing DCI Ring fittings.

Preach it! :wub::blink::blink:

I am getting sick of the negitivity of Madison not placing good this year. You guys can preach on how bluecoats are going to do so good yet it is like it is illegal for someone to do it for a different corps. Madison is going to fix their show up. they still have little less then a month to fix the show. I saw them in Battle Creek LOVED there show. Just from that score last night madison went from 10th to 6th. They have the same chances as bluecoats not even making the top 5.

Edited by Silver_King

should all be careful on forecasting outcomes based on one night score. you all know how things can change - someone has an "off" night, etc. So, Finals should be interesting and really that's when it all shakes out......

should all be careful on forecasting outcomes based on one night score. you all know how things can change - someone has an "off" night, etc. So, Finals should be interesting and really that's when it all shakes out......

Looking at trend lines from the past two years, juxtaposed with this year, there is a possibility that Madison may place in the top five. The show has a lot more room for cleaning, unlike the past two seasons when they were rolling along until Allentown, only to drop 3 spots during the last week of the season.

If Bluecoats and Crown were able to do it, why do some people think the season is over for Madison? Last week, several enlightened posters had Madison placing 14th again. Three weeks is a looooong time, folks.

Relax and enjoy the ride!

has there been a review for centerville yet??..i just love reading reviews

has there been a review for centerville yet??..i just love reading reviews

I have put up a short review and some thought of the show in the review forum.

A couple of highlights for me:

1) Madison Scouts have a GREAT show and I believe they are starting to march a very difficult drill at a level that will possibly take them into the top 6 again.

2) Buecoats show just gets better and better and could very easily take them into the top 3.