Current DCA Standings

If this has already been disclosed I apologize but could someone please explain how and which scores will determine performance order at DCA Prelims?

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was really impressed with Music City Legend, Govenaires, and the corps I am in, Chops, Inc. All three of those corps played some very nice shows on Saturday and Sunday. And I agree with some of the previous posters, man do you guys know how to party! Patrick's was packed on Saturday!

Unfortunately to your dismay Smoothy, we will be wearing our aussies at prelims :)

Sorry man LOL

I'm still a fan!

All the scores didn't drop in DCA-C - Frontier went up

Touché... I suppose that 0.075 of a point is still 0.075 of a point. :laugh:

Well, if Frontier improves .075 points per day until Rochester....

And everyone else in DCA-C continues THEIR trend from this weekend...

It *COULD* happen dontchaknow?

Well, if Frontier improves .075 points per day until Rochester....

And everyone else in DCA-C continues THEIR trend from this weekend...

It *COULD* happen dontchaknow?

:angry:

That would put the DCA-C corps' prelims scores at...

74.556 for Brass (-1.088 each day)

71.45 for Frontier (+0.075 each day)

46.506 for the Kilties (-2.638 each day)

39.081 for the Govies (-2.813 each day)

36.482 for MCL (-2.562 each day)

24.663 for the Lakeshoremen (-3.325 each day)

10.688 for Chops (-4.8 each day)

:laugh: Zoinks! I hadn't realized that we were dropped nearly 5 points! And for a show that was considerably better than our performance on Saturday. :angry: Can anyone devise a good conspiracy theory for me to latch on to?

:angry:

That would put the DCA-C corps' prelims scores at...

74.556 for Brass (-1.088 each day)

71.45 for Frontier (+0.075 each day)

46.506 for the Kilties (-2.638 each day)

39.081 for the Govies (-2.813 each day)

36.482 for MCL (-2.562 each day)

24.663 for the Lakeshoremen (-3.325 each day)

10.688 for Chops (-4.8 each day)

:laugh: Zoinks! I hadn't realized that we were dropped nearly 5 points! And for a show that was considerably better than our performance on Saturday. :angry: Can anyone devise a good conspiracy theory for me to latch on to?

No conspiracy from my vantage point. We pretty much knew it was going to be a tough weekend...but not an impossible one. We made it out respectably, and that's the best we could have hoped for. Although - that 36 figure...eeeh..we're gonna have to talk about the math there.....

Edited by radiosteele

No conspiracy from my vantage point. We pretty much knew it was going to be a tough weekend...but not an impossible one. We made it out respectably, and that's the best we could have hoped for. Although - that 36 figure...eeeh..we're gonna have to talk about the math there.....

Think about it this way: From my vantage point, it would seem that the judges were adversly rewarding improvement. Saturday's performance still had some cobwebs from not playing in a month, unfortunately. Sunday was a huge improvement for us, and our reward was losing 4.8 points. I can only assume that the other corps on were also able to make improvements and tweaks on Sunday morning as well. So, going along that vein, one could surmise that by improving your performance, you get less points. A perfect drum corps show would be rewarded with a "0".

:laugh: Either that, or the judges had their minds on the scoring system for golf...

Dan S.

Great to talk to you for a little bit on Saturday. Isn’t amazing how we both look as good as we did 28 years ago!

(Eat a Rock!)

and of course,

MYNWA