Cavaliers 1998

So I've heard this show, but I've never seen a video of it until like 5 minutes ago. The visual design is amazing...its just a really aesthetically pleasing visual design...

I wasn't really up on drum corps during that time...I do know that The Cavaliers recovered from a rough year in 1997 and 1998 was a tribute to the Cavies past- but any insight you can share on this show would great....

love it, one of my favorite cavies shows and definitely an underrated one. great all around, love the ballad especially the staging of it. and machine is sweet, with the guard laydown.

So I've heard this show, but I've never seen a video of it until like 5 minutes ago. The visual design is amazing...its just a really aesthetically pleasing visual design...

I wasn't really up on drum corps during that time...I do know that The Cavaliers recovered from a rough year in 1997 and 1998 was a tribute to the Cavies past- but any insight you can share on this show would great....

The percussion was awesome, the pit book was great.

A great rebound from 97, and the start of the rise as the vets in 2000 were coming in to the mix at this time.

and it should have been my ageout year...I wish I could have marched it.

One of my all-time favorite Cavies shows. I think it was the start of the new-era that we see today for the Green Machine.

I never thought Machine worked as their closer, until I saw the video. Wow! Seems like it just makes more sense musically when you have the full show laid out in front of you. Great ending to a great show, either this or 1995 is my favorite pre-three-peat Cavaliers show.

One of my favorite Cavies shows of all time. The Dance Movements sections are lots of fun, and the ballad is amazing. And the visual package is stellar, IMO. Especially the opening homage to the past and a the ending glimpse of the future.

When you watch the video, note that many of the "signature" Cavies drill moves from previous years were brought back - it's kind of fun playing "guess which year the form came from." Or maybe I just don't get out much...

Mike

• Like 1