Ack, I CANNOT get the Cavaliers' music out of my head!

Oh by the way, I'm still not feeling the music. It's executed extremely well, but it's not catchy, there's no sort of emotional resonance, there's nothing I took from the show beyond "what they played, they played well." It's an overrated show. The total package isn't there. They have it in them to do great melodic shows: look at 1995, 2001, 2002, 2004...HAY! they WON with those shows! Incredible!

2006 should be considered an off year like 2003 and 2005.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been able to get the Marsalis piece out of my head since the season started.

The show music is in turns aggressive, comedic, atmospheric and foreboding when it needs to be.

Tons of melody.

It suits the drill and it stands on its own quite well.

Well done!

You're welcome to feel that way, I won't stop you. But I don't consider 2003 to be an off year at all (2005, maybe a little). 2006, on the other hand, I consider to be one of the finest shows I've seen, both musically and visually.

Oh by the way, I'm still not feeling the music. It's executed extremely well, but it's not catchy, there's no sort of emotional resonance, there's nothing I took from the show beyond "what they played, they played well." It's an overrated show. The total package isn't there. They have it in them to do great melodic shows: look at 1995, 2001, 2002, 2004...HAY! they WON with those shows! Incredible!

"off" years are 2nd place shows? WOW, how things have changed.

All of your points are merely opinions. Please don't state them as fact.

The 5/4 piece is driving me insane and is stuck in my head like a jingle. I like this show a lot!

I really don't see how they are getting good music effect scores because it's not effective by itself with out the visual so they should be getting low numbers but they are not.

Why does it need to stand by itself? Isn't what's on the field suppose to be a coordinated show presenting the corps as a whole/unit? Is a "good show" a show where if you take the guard, drumline and hornline away from each other that they will "stand on their own?"

I don't feel this way. As long as the 4 elements are working (drum, horns, guard and drill) together as one I am a happy fan.

The music stands by itself just fine without the visual...

It's ringing in my head right now, and I listened to it non-stop on the way home from work tonight