Ack, I CANNOT get the Cavaliers' music out of my head!

If you listen to anything enough, it will "stick in your head." Repetition breeds familiarity.

I would venture to guess that most of the folks who claim that they can't stop humming the music or who profess to be able to sing every note of said show have spent quite a goodly amount of time listening to it. To the more casual listener it is likely less memorable and/or distinct.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would venture to guess that the reason those who can't stop humming the music like the music, and nothing more.

Well I saw the show twice, but after the first time I can honestly say I knew most of the show's music. Maybe it's because it's really similar to past original championship shows (01-03).

I would bet that most of the people that say that Cavalier music isn't memorable think this because they haven't heard it before (unlike classical music or movie music). I'm all for classical music but Cavies music is in all honesty more "hip" and "with it." Who gives a crap about "emotion" anyway? To the people that cry at drum corps shows, I say it's totally cool if it's because you marched in a corps and it brought back some sentimental memories. But if it's because of the music, I say get your estrogen levels checked. It's about time that modern, entertaining music has hit the field. Because without the Cavaliers (and perhaps the Blue Devils), I probably would think that drum corps is lame and I wouldn't be writing this incredible work of comment'ry that you see before you.

Edited by mynameisohyeah

Well I saw the show twice, but after the first time I can honestly say I knew most of the show's music. Maybe it's because it's really similar to past original championship shows (00-03).

I would bet that most of the people that say that Cavalier music isn't memorable think this because they haven't heard it before (unlike classical music or movie music). I'm all for classical music but Cavies music is in all honesty more "hip" and "with it." Who gives a crap about "emotion" anyway? To the people that cry at drum corps shows, I say it's totally cool if it's because you marched in a corps and it brought back some sentimental memories. But if it's because of the music, I say get your estrogen levels checked. It's about time that modern, entertaining music has hit the field. Because without the Cavaliers (and perhaps the Blue Devils), I probably would think that drum corps is lame and I wouldn't be writing this incredible work of comment'ry that you see before you.

Yeah I agree..Music which displays emotion is just not music... :laugh: I'm just glad there are some corps who don't have the same view..

Goodness, all these experts who know so much about the music of the Cavaliers. I think every drum corp has wonderful and memorable music this year. It is each person's own opinion as to whether they like it or not. What is memorable to one person may not be to another. We are not the judges, so it is not up to us to decide if it is memorable, good or not. Everyone enjoy finals and we will always remember our favorite groups.

Well I saw the show twice, but after the first time I can honestly say I knew most of the show's music. Maybe it's because it's really similar to past original championship shows (00-03).

Did this guy just say that out loud, to other human beings?

I'm just glad there are some corps who don't have the same view..

Me too. If every corps played Cavalier music, well then that would just be no fun. But what would also be no fun is if there was a person sitting behind me blowing their nose crying out "The music is just so ... EMOTIONAL ..." at the classical music corps and "Oh those nasty robots! Who do those kids think they are with their Dan Fogelberg, hula hoops, Zima and their Pacman video games. Let's get these kids a fresh serving of old fashioned EMOTION," to the Cavaliers.

To each their own, but I prefer the truly artistic and emotional music in the concert hall. I figure that if you have an ensemble made up of loads of brass players and drummers in motion on turf that is meant to be stepped on by athletes, it would be more fitting to lay down something a bit more breakneck and groovacious.

And with all due respect, there are definitely shows where it is nothing but appropriate to attempt an "emotional" feel. But as far as I'm concerned, a show about robots and machines really doesn't call for that sort of music. In fact it kind of wouldn't make sense... unless the robots eventually learn human emotion and dare I say...love?