Ack, I CANNOT get the Cavaliers' music out of my head!

Not only is this a classic Cavalier ballad, but that Marsalis tune has been stuck in my head for MONTHS! I can't get this tune (their second 'full' tune, with the sop soloists, conveyor belt, mutes, etc) out of head, and I think it is the catchiest tune of the season (this coming from a HUGE movie/Godfather fan, who has known those musical themes for decades).

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ballad ballad ballad. love when the baritones play the melody in the beginning. lush.

cheers.

repeated for emphasis...yeah!!!

i'm not here to be a party crasher, but...

i've loved the cavs, from the first performance i saw in '89. i liked the 99 show and the Four Corners jazz section. but i've noticed a trend of the corp for a few years now...variations on a theme over and over. the melody is different...the counter and movement (flow of the show) is all repetitive year after year.

*waits for brutus's que*

the melody is different...the counter and movement (flow of the show) is all repetitive year after year.

*waits for brutus's que*

I've noticed that too. Each show is organized and designed on the same foundation, so a little repitition is noticeable. But the thing is, it's works for them. I say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it! B)

I've noticed that too. Each show is organized and designed on the same foundation, so a little repitition is noticeable. But the thing is, it's works for them. I say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it! B)

haha, indeed. As long as it is still entertaining-- let them keep doing it. It'll get old eventually though, I'm sure they realize this.

I agree it is the same thing thay have done for several years except for 04 and 05. I really don't see how they are getting good music effect scores because it's not effective by itself with out the visual so they should be getting low numbers but they are not. It just sounds so repetitive with a percussion groove going on with out much melodic lines. Not to mention they don't play hard licks while moving and the drill is starting to look to much the same. Its a formula that they have used for several years now. Just my personal taste I am getting tired of them and I absolutly loved them in 00, 02, and 04 but I want to see the talented people they have push the envelope more in the creative process.

I personally think BD is much better then Cavies this year and are pushing the difficulty level up a notch although they make it look so easy.

best Cavies show since...ever. blows 02 away in my opinion.