Official DCI Quarterfinals Cinecast Thread

oh and one more thing, they also would focus on things that were CLEARLY not supposed to be focused on...

for instance, the whole

" let's focus on the people hiding behind the cadets door. OOOH let's make it a weird angle so we can ruin their show."

or

" Let's focus on the Cadets drumline as the walk to the backfield, they must be the center of attention!"

;0

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MAJOR problems in New Jersey.

We didn't get to see an entire show uninterrupted by bad audio, or loss of feed, or picture freezing until Spirit. Lots of people got refunds. They told us that if we stayed we could get a pass for a free movie in the future.

I didn't get mine. I may e-mail them.

The Tulsa show went ok, but I didn't get there until right before Madison. I was glad to see that the theatre was mostly full, a few empty seats here and there.

There were a few problems with the feed during Crown and Cadets, and the audio could've been cranked up a little bit.

The fire alarm started going off during Bluecoats show, I wasn't about to leave my seat until they turned off the screen or had someone come into the theatre and tell me to leave. Luckily the fire alarm stopped after a minute or so, and the show was able to go on.

Phantom was my favorite corps of the night. I'm glad to see SCV coming on strong this week, and sadden to see that perhaps Bluecoats might have peaked already.

Overall, I was impressed with the whole broadcast.

This being the third year of the DCI Cinecast (it is the third, isn't it?), what did you think of it? How did the crowd/theatre you were in respond? Likes/dislikes? Audio/visual troubles? Let's hear the voice of the people!!!

Burbank, CA was pretty great - sold out and nice and loud.

Only problem was the guy behind me who had to comment on everything that happened all night. Heard him say "TICK" about 20 times plus lot's of other stuff that was annoying and unnecessary. :beer:

He also had a bad case of the sniffles! Go blow your nose for heavens sake!

In case he doesn't know who he is his initials are SS. ^0^

I'm sure he wouldn't like it if people talked and commented loudly thru his shows. <**>

:sshh:

Edited by Watch & Listen

MAJOR problems in New Jersey.

We didn't get to see an entire show uninterrupted by bad audio, or loss of feed, or picture freezing until Spirit. Lots of people got refunds. They told us that if we stayed we could get a pass for a free movie in the future.

I didn't get mine. I may e-mail them.

Crowd handled it well though. We all were annoyed but no one acted inappropriately.

First of all, MAJOR thanks to my wife who not only stayed home with our 1 week old daughter, but also allowed me to spend our anniversary evening out watching drum corps. This is why I love her.

A quick report for SAC town (Sacramento):

- appx. 400 in attendence, many RCR members

- biggest applause was for the Mandarins making semis.

- second biggest was the announcement of the Pasadena finals.

- no substantial video problems: picture did go out for about a second during I think Cap. Reg, but was fixed very quick.

- sound would skip out for a second every hour or so, again no big deal.

- SCV performance was drowned out by one over-miced marimba, so that kinda sucked.

- volume was a 9 out of 10

Now, as for my observations:

- Really enjoyed the entire package over last years' production. Less on field interviews was a good thing.

- More trivia needed!

- Academy looked/sounded freakin amazing. Can't wait till next year.

- Impulse left me wondering if they've forgotten their roots.

- Pleasantly surprised by Southwind, Xmen, Crown, Gmen

- Not so thrilled by Boston, Colts, BK

- Cadets horns/guard/singers should buy the drumline dinner.

- BD new ending was killer.

- Bad camera choices, but overall better than last year's colorguard love fest.

- SCV should be 4th.

That's about it. Had a great time. Can't wait till next year...oh wait...I think I just might have to see it in person.

At the AMC 20 in Livonia, QFinals were shown in a 220-seat theater. Every seat was taken (I may have gotten the very last seat) and people were sitting in the aisles upstairs, where the usher couldn't see them. Sound was great. Most of the audience consisted of H.S. band students (at least 10 competitive H.S. bands are within a 15-mile radius of the theater). Their reactions were interesting in terms of who they liked and what things they enjoyed.

I should give my impressions of all the corps I saw, but it's late and I'm too pooped to do justice to anything I start right now. I'll try tomorrow.