Order of Appearance DCA Prelims

Looks like we're down to 7 in Class A, making me correct my previous "I think I've got the rules right, so we just have to fill in the blanks" list...

1- SoCal Dream*

2- Gulf Coast Sound

3-

4-

5- Alliance

6-

7-

*I think that Dream may have to go on first, being as they have no August score and they weren't in Scranton last year... Again, somebody would have to clarify those head-spinning rules.

I believe that the rule for a seeding exception, allowing a corps to go on in the spot of the previous season's finals finish, is for corps returning for a third consecutive appearance at the DCA championships that do not have an August DCA score.

Jeff, Bush Program Consultant

Edited by Jeff

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a lot of people scratching thier heads about Why Gold did that.

Someone may want to take the time to find the Executive Directors responce on DCP as to why they were compeating in the NE this year and not the south and post a link to it.

Seem to me he stated that it was because of the LARGE performance fees his corps would be getting and the fact that DCAS did not pay performance fees of any kind.Then they turned around and cancelled one of those large paying performance fees.Kind of makes a guy wonder whats going on over there but its thier bussiness.

I just hope they do well this year and make finals and represent the south well.

Sound of the South was a South show and we paid performance fees to all corps, whatever their contracted amount was. Don't know if that was LARGE, but everyone seemed satisfied. :P

Call me curious. I've always wondered about the concern (if indeed it is a concern) as to the order of appearance. Does that change the effort that a corps' puts into a show? I think not.

Does it mean that judges compare one corps' against another? I hope not.

I would like to think that the judges, being the professionals that they are, ( and I don't know how they do it) can adjudicate, without bias, a set of standards based on certain criteria. Following scores throughout the summer there seems to be some consistancy even though the judging panel varies.

Bottom line? If you've got........you've got it! My best to all participating corps'. See yinz' at Rochester. :beer:

Yet, DID NOT go th DCA South Championships, on a weekend they were off, that was in the ATLANTA (a lot CLOSER than Dover,NJ, Reading,PA and New Haven,Conn.)! Sure looks like they have a funny sense of humor.

No, but they do have a more accurate map than you do.

Rocky Mount, NC to Dover, NJ: 383 miles

Rocky Mount, NC to Clifton, NJ: 392 miles

Rocky Mount, NC to Reading, PA: 319 miles

Rocky Mount, NC to Atlanta, GA: 405 miles

To be even more accurate, John:

Rocky Mount, NC to Rockmart, GA: 509 miles.

Rocky Mount, NC to Arnold, MD: 270 miles.

Personally, I would have loved for you to have been at both of these shows. Gold would have added to already great show lineups. But you have do do what is in the best interest of your organization.

Sincere best of luck to you and see you all in Rochester.

Call me curious. I've always wondered about the concern (if indeed it is a concern) as to the order of appearance. Does that change the effort that a corps' puts into a show? I think not.

Does it mean that judges compare one corps' against another? I hope not.

I would like to think that the judges, being the professionals that they are, ( and I don't know how they do it) can adjudicate, without bias, a set of standards based on certain criteria. Following scores throughout the summer there seems to be some consistancy even though the judging panel varies.

Bottom line? If you've got........you've got it! My best to all participating corps'. See yinz' at Rochester. :beer:

I think what really matters, at least to me, is the size of the audience. It's much more of a charge to play for a bigger crowd. Unfortunately, not every ticket holder is punctual (often, intentionally). So, the later you are in the show, the more people you get to play for.

That's just my personal opinion.

well i remember a better sized crowd than usual at the start of prelims last year than I had seen since the early 80's

Add to your list Kentucky.DCA will have another Class A corps by 07 called Derby City Knights

Its already been announced on DCP that Nashville Tn will host the 2007 DCAS championships.I know the host corps (MUsic City legend) is working hard at finding someone to hold a second show that same weekend so that corps can travel and get more bang for thier buck.

I suggested a 3 show weekend.Shows on Friday and Saturday night and one on Sunday afternoon but that might be too demanding on the corps involved.

:sshh: :sshh: You state that DCP announced the 2007 DCA Championships in Nashville???

Funny .....I was at the meeting where Allen Buell announced the signing of the contract for 2007 in RaChaCha! :ph34r::lol:

:sshh: :sshh: You state that DCP announced the 2007 DCA Championships in Nashville???

Funny .....I was at the meeting where Allen Buell announced the signing of the contract for 2007 in RaChaCha! :ph34r::lol:

if you read what you quoted, he said DCAS Championships.