What Went Wrong At DCI World Championships?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please excuse my grammer...

I am going off of what I saw at Finals...the finals competition. Not the overall season as a whole.

Regiment should have won on sheer performance level and emotion, they played that show with intense energy with no one going "over the edge" and creating moments that will go down in the minds of the fans for all time (even topping some of the great moments in history), sorry Nikk I love Fire of Eternal Glory, but Ave Maria was right on the level with it.

BD/Cavaliers - Lacked emotion, lacked energy...the show felt flat to me, not on the performance level of Regiment.

SCV had an amazing finals show and should have placed higher than Bloo (should have gone SCV, Bloo, Cadets)

Crown deserved 7th followed by BK, BAC, Scouts, Spirit then G'Men (I did not like Beethoven on the field...it did nothing for me)

Spirit just makes my day when they play Georgia on my Mind, and I thought they should have put that in their show.

Stadium:

Good Brats, but get some regular mustard, I dont like the brown mustard.

You would think that a major university like that would have a couple of large parking garages (5 or 6 level at the minimum), but the nice ladies at the church had some nice parking for 10 dollars.

Just my unqualified opinions, I am not in music anymore...just a fan now.

7. DCI should create an Emotion Caption....

And who would judge that caption?

And as long as we're adding that, let's add an Intelligence & Sophistication caption as well :)

The main thing that went "wrong" for me was that Santa Clara Vanguard was beaten by the Cadets. Vanguard should have beaten Cadets, in my opinion.

w/Stp:

Your logic is flawed.

I just find most classical shows unimaginative. To me it was just another show in an endless sea of similar unimaginative shows from all sorts of corps.

Here is another example of opinion...

I find your signature "art" the most hideious thing I have ever seen.

But then again, that is just an opinion.

See how that works? :P