Capital Regiment Website

the ONLY reason i ever went back is because of the family i had there. FAMILY, and i mean it.

and if no one from DCI reads this forum, then they need to wake the #### up, because your children are reaching out to you.

Like one poster said, if you want action please write a letter to DCI. Posting stories on a public forum is no gurantee that anyone will even see them. Be proactive, not reactive. If you not worried about yourself, do it for kids that may march there in the future.

If you are old enought to march Capital, and old enough to post your horror stories, you are old enough to give your information on how this corps is run to the right people. www.dci.org

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I pulled a quote from this thread:

You want the truth?! Here you go...

<I filed suit today with the Ohio Attorney General and the Franklin County, Ohio Small Claims Court against this organization. I am seeking compensation for $1,702.67 for missed paychecks, as well as all court costs TBD and third party filing fees (because I filed from out-of state). The remainder of our approximate $4,100 which was originally refused was already recovered by other means. I am sick and tired of being jacked around with, ignored, talked about behind the backs of the "upper tier" of this administration, and treated like I didn't exist this entire winter, spring, or summer.

Little do any of you know the fires that were put out that weren't even mentioned in my other posts. ####, maybe the Ohio D.O.T. would like to hear how a staff member without a CDL drove a bus for us this season, AND in seasons past? Maybe you would all like to hear about how a majority of our bus drivers that WERE there this season when we didn't have to leave a bus or truck somewhere on the road, were NEVER given background checks, given NO drug testing, and then as a result, two of them proceeded to drive a bus and a truck WITH kids on them while being under the influence from that evening. You want to keep going? There is plenty more, I can assure you. And I have about 250 other people that I know aren't afraid to defend this position as well. I absolutely hate to air dirty laundry, but the bubble has burst now, and people need to step up and acknowledge what the issues are and how they can be fixed. This should be a public forum for anyone now, not a pot full of hidden issues that we can all hope will be covered up again next year.

I also know there are other parents that have similar issues with things that the corps owes them, but have yet to take a legal stance on it. Now is the time. DCI, are you listening?>

From my knowledge of DOT operations they can throw the director in JAIL for doing this. (They have jailed owners of transportation companies for almost identical violations frequently.) This is criminal behavior. And endangers the lives of all the members of the corps...this is NOT something to be brushed under the carpet. And if DCI will not act, they could get caught in this mess as well (especially if they had knowledge of this happening); and the ramifications could be cataclysmic for all of DC. You do NOT mess with DOT; and Ohio DOT in particular.

Man, this is very disturbing. <**>

I would be interested to know how Fred M. became involved in the situation and how that all relates to Rick B. I'm just a little confused as I try to put together the pieces of who left and when he came and the general timeline. After Fred entered the scene how were the situations with communication, food, staff, etc.?

I would be interested to know how Fred M. became involved in the situation and how that all relates to Rick B. I'm just a little confused as I try to put together the pieces of who left and when he came and the general timeline. After Fred entered the scene how were the situations with communication, food, staff, etc.?

Apparently on the CR website Fred was held in very high regard. It is not specific to exactly how he got involved, though.

But is sure looks like the Troop got themselves a winner!!

As far as I know, Capital Regiment was created while Rick Bays was still the assistant director of Limited Edition in '92.

He was the business manager-and you would start your own corps if you saw the way the board of directors was running things at L.E.

OK....now the argument is losing credibility when blackmail is introduced. Just pull the plug on the website and get it over with. <**>

Blackmail? Please explain.

"maybe the Ohio D.O.T. would like to hear how a staff…. From my knowledge of DOT operations they can throw the director in JAIL for doing this...and the ramifications could be cataclysmic for all of DC. You do NOT mess with DOT; and Ohio DOT in particular" Looks like, sounds like, smells like blackmail to me. He has his $4,100.00. Time to close up shop and quit while you're ahead.

quote name='Ahamay Oton' date='Aug 22 2006, 07:56 PM' post='1550681']

Blackmail? Please explain.

Edited by ContraJohn