Salas OUT as Director of Scouts!

Because ..... you like brownies ?? :P

hahaha.. yes, I like brownies..

Just don't ask me to MAKE them.. I STILL catch heck for the "brownie slabs" I made at auditions one year.. I don't know what was funnier at the time, being splattered with brownie batter from head to toe while we were serving spaghetti.. or watching some of the vets gnawing on the edges of the brownie slabs after they found out why we didn't cut them up!

yeah.. that's one of the GOOD memories.. :worthy:

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just on the Scouts forum - every one seem disappointed, mad. A lot of anger that people found out on other websites. Not one post about getting their "identity" back. The current members know what it is to be a Scout. I really feel bad for those kids. Sal went from 2005 Director of the Year to unemployed. They better make a good choice on the new director.

I was just on the Scouts forum - every one seem disappointed, mad. A lot of anger that people found out on other websites. Not one post about getting their "identity" back. The current members know what it is to be a Scout. I really feel bad for those kids. Sal went from 2005 Director of the Year to unemployed. They better make a good choice on the new director.

Until the MDBCA releases what happened, if they decide to, then no one should "speculate" on why Sal will not be returning. Sal is a class act, and brought a lot to the table. However, a corps "director" is more then just a facilitator of the creative team. Sal is without a doubt one of the greatest creative minds in the activity, but as I said, there's more to being a director then just putting out a competitive product.

I have no doubt Sal will be back up and running somewhere, and I trust the MDBCA will bring someone in who will continue the upward success of the Madison Scouts. And, if I may offer an "opinion," Scott Stewart would not be the person to bring back. Scott burnt A LOT of bridges with some Madison alums, created a divided camp within the alumni as well as the board of directors, and his "stance" on some issues with DCI (advising his staff not to attend crituques, etc) are NOT what MDBCA nor the Scouts need right now.

As I reflect on the Madison Scouts Alumni Project we all went ga-ga over, I am sure among that 200 plus personnel, someone may step up to the plate.

You are right, but let me add Scott mended (sp?) a lot of bridges during the Alumni corps experience. I know that as a fact. Who might you be?

And, if I may offer an "opinion," Scott Stewart would not be the person to bring back. Scott burnt A LOT of bridges with some Madison alums, created a divided camp within the alumni as well as the board of directors, and his "stance" on some issues with DCI (advising his staff not to attend crituques, etc) are NOT what MDBCA nor the Scouts need right now.

As I reflect on the Madison Scouts Alumni Project we all went ga-ga over, I am sure among that 200 plus personnel, someone may step up to the plate.

Edited by RobertPi1ot

And, if I may offer an "opinion," Scott Stewart ...burnt A LOT of bridges with...DCI (advising his staff not to attend crituques, etc)...NOT what MDBCA nor the Scouts need right now.

This part is huge. I think the last few years have been an unconscious payback in some ways. Judges are human. No matter how hard they may try to be completely unbiased, it could sneak up and get 'em when they aren't looking.

Stewart hates DCI and does not belong back in the competitive arena.

As always, I'm obliged and respectful words from the heart of a good friend.. but ###### Geno.. are you SCOUTS or not?

If it means little the show you marched or the style of uniform you wore.. then how can ANY of you stand in public and say that "The Scouts" have lost their identity and become generic and forgotten what it is to BE a Scout?? Based on the show you marched?? The designed program you performed?? And how can any OTHERS among you stand for it?

I'm baffled. Truly.

Agree, agree AGREE! That would be like saying that members of the 1971 Cavaliers (you remember them, the organization that killed drum corps) weren't really Cavaliers.

Good luck getting away with that!

My vote for new Madison director:

- Rick Valenzuela

- JW Koester

- Myron Rosander

I like the idea of Koester a lot, but not Valenzuela (who didn't do a good job at Vanguard IMO) or Rosander (who writes crappy drills IMO).

SCV was stupid to let Koester go IMO. He brought them from 6-7 range to 1st and they let him go?

the Cavaliers OTL next year is going to be "Bully", so let's eliminate that thought process.

No, but the Classic Cavaleirs played Bully this year! b**bs

I like the idea of Koester a lot, but not Valenzuela (who didn't do a good job at Vanguard IMO) or Rosander (who writes crappy drills IMO).

SCV was stupid to let Koester go IMO. He brought them from 6-7 range to 1st and they let him go?

I know this is about the Scouts, but I agree with the original poster. Both Koester and Valenzuela won it all as director and Rosander has more rings than either of them as a designer.

What I saw from Myron with Scouts in Madison was anything but "crap".

This part is huge. I think the last few years have been an unconscious payback in some ways. Judges are human. No matter how hard they may try to be completely unbiased, it could sneak up and get 'em when they aren't looking.

Stewart hates DCI and does not belong back in the competitive arena.

Actually, talk or in this case, text is very cheap! It's amazing how people feel justified in speaking for others!

For your information, Scott doesn't "hate DCI!" He hates what DCI did to his beliefs in the activity! (right or wrong) Note: I'm not supporting anyone, but I dislike it when people pretend to know everything about anything...