ALL Scouts Caption Heads Resign

My $.02. Those members who are part of the Scouts family will panic, have multiple thoughts about the current situation but hopefully will not make any rash decisions. They will survey the damage and the monitor the situation as it stands now. Some will create backup plans for the first couple of winter camps and see how things pan out as those get close to happening. There is much time between now and November for things to happen: good or bad. One should not instantly jump ship as if the sky is falling. Lets all just sit back and wait for the corps we all know as the Madison Scouts get their ducks in a row and present to the public whatever plan they are designing for the next season and possibly the future and then make new judgements about the corps.

I too have seen this type of ship jumping in corps staffs and management and learned the hard way not to move too fast too soon.

Edited by csugrad

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't necessarily reveal what the problem is, but this is not a sign that everything is going well.

Um, if you choose to NOT renew a contract that is usually a sign that everything is not going well either... That's why I suggest that it's really more reasonable to wait for information from both parties... Which hopefully we'll hear from them soon! (It takes two to tango)

Everyone can express an opinion here, but guess what... It's an OPINION! Don't get upset when someone like me comes along to remind you that you're passing along potentially meaningless chatter! For those of you, who are concerned - keep that it mind when you read their OPINIONS!

For 2006 members of the Scouts, don't worry - you've got 1000's of Scout brothers out there that have got your back - and want you "back" next season!!! (on that, I feel I can say with 100% certainty for all alum's out there)

Pearsony

(hopefully this thread killer)

For 2006 members of the Scouts, don't worry - you've got 1000's of Scout brothers out there that have got your back - and want you "back" next season!!! (on that, I feel I can say with 100% certainty for all alum's out there)

Of course, I'm sure it's not the alumni they'd be worried about ... it's the state of the corps itself.

And the stock usually gets hammered in the process. Nobody buys back in soon unless they name a new CEO that is so well known and successful that they feel he/she cannot lose. Absent of that, the stock price stays down until some results come in. In other words, Madison is getting battered around in the market right now just like any public corporation might.

And I thought I was the king of flawed analogies.

"Harrumph, harrumph. Hey, I didn't get a harrumph outta that guy!"

<ref to sig>

Taggart: Send a wire to the main office, and tell them that I said . . . OW!

Lyle: Send wire, main office, tell them I said, "ow." Gotcha

Howard Johnson: You know, Nietzsche says, "Out of chaos comes order."

Olson Johnson: Oh, blow it out your a**, Howard.

Might as well be entertained on this thread... :)

Edited by S. Pearson

Um, if you choose to NOT renew a contract that is usually a sign that everything is not going well either... That's why I suggest that it's really more reasonable to wait for information from both parties... Which hopefully we'll hear from them soon! (It takes two to tango)

And people, in all aspects of life, usually wait for all of the information before reacting, right? Sure, somebody always chimes in that we should wait for the whole story. Most of the time the whole story never comes out.

Everyone can express an opinion here, but guess what... It's an OPINION! Don't get upset when someone like me comes along to remind you that you're passing along potentially meaningless chatter! For those of you, who are concerned - keep that it mind when you read their OPINIONS!

Captain Obvious, I think we already know this. I'm not upset that you come along and tell me the sky looks blue. Don't get upset with me and I won't get upset with you. How's that?

And I thought I was the king of flawed analogies.

The flawed concept was saying everyone should be calm because this is like a CEO being let go in any corporation. My point was that nobody reacts very calmly to a CEO leaving and especially when his support staff is heading for the door right behind him.

Edited by Tekneek

Captain Obvious, I think we already know this. I'm not upset that you come along and tell me the sky looks blue. Don't get upset with me and I won't get upset with you. How's that?

Rev. Johnson: Now, I don't have to tell you good folks, what has been happening here in our beloved little town: sheriff murdered, crops burned, stores looted, people stampeded, and cattle raped.

Pearsony

(hopefully this thread killer)

Dude - Right on