ALL Scouts Caption Heads Resign

are you suggesting an announcement tommorrow is coming?

Of course tomorrow can mean in the future... I don't know, but I will post what ever I can at the Scouts website as soon as I can!!!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All my opinions:

Madison is F'd. Not only a new director but completely new staff, and we all know how hard/long it takes staffs to gel with kids and placements. Kids will leave, talent will go elsewhere... following their instructors perhaps. top this all on a 9th place finish this year and its probably out of finals for madison in 07.

only thing that might save them is the appointment of seidling (doubtful) or mason (doubtful) or stewart (doubtful).

The tradition will be carried on by the corps members and volunteers then until they get the new folks up to speed.

Change is difficult. It is also part of the reality of the world. Madison's professional and staff position are no different. The Board decided not to extend the contract for Sylvester Salas. In other words, everyone should have know that this was a possibility. Successful organizations that exist for a long time do so because they prepare for and nurture change. I don't know how the board came to their decision, although I have my guesses. However, it is apparent that the Board wanted more for the organization that what they were getting from management. Is it so wrong to try to better the organization?

I think that a lot of people need to come to grips with the fact that their Madison has changed and evolved into TODAY'S Scouts. And that's not saying it's "better" or "worse" but it IS different. And, no, they won't be going back to the way it was "when the Scouts were the Scouts blah blah blah high notes blah blah blah entertaining blah blah blah ramble ramble". I think the sooner people 1) accept this and stop supporting the corps to move on with their lives or 2) accept this and continue to support this great organization the better everything will be. The Scouts aren't going to die and they are not "F'd".

The following was posted this morning in another thread by Mike Boo:

I received an e-mail from Scott Boerma just now. He requested that I pass along the following information. The following is extracted from his request and I forward it for informational purposes only.:

<< As of last evening, I have officially resigned as the Brass Arranger and Brass Co-Caption Head as has Mark Waymire as the Brass Co-Caption Head. Most of our brass staff members resigned last night as well. I have been with the Madison Scouts for 23 years (18 as the arranger), so it is with heavy heart that I did this.

The caption heads for all other captions have also resigned, as well as a significant number of instructors and administrative staff.

My purpose for this letter to you is simply that of information. Please feel free to share this information with anyone you know, be it online or through word of mouth.>>

The question is...who is in more trouble, Capital Regiment or the Scouts???

Cap Reg

Wow.

Well, maybe to make lemonade from lemons here...what about the Troopers picking up Boerma and company for next year? :)

i always wanted to here Troop do malaguena

:lolhit:

Okay.. and please know I'm laughing because I count myself among you but.. how high does the geek meter need to go for us when a Star Wars reference gets mistaken for a drum corps reference?

Are we the Trekkies of the music world?

no we have personalities, trekkies dont

I think that a lot of people need to come to grips with the fact that their Madison has changed and evolved into TODAY'S Scouts. And that's not saying it's "better" or "worse" but it IS different. And, no, they won't be going back to the way it was "when the Scouts were the Scouts blah blah blah high notes blah blah blah entertaining blah blah blah ramble ramble". I think the sooner people 1) accept this and stop supporting the corps to move on with their lives or 2) accept this and continue to support this great organization the better everything will be. The Scouts aren't going to die and they are not "F'd".

Ugh! I see this argument all the time. If that's not an excuse for mediocrity, I don't know what is. No one's going to deny that the Scouts 95-99 were on a completely different level and infinitely more entertaining than the Scouts of recent times.

What kind of ball did they use back then?

accoustic, 2 valved and in G

:P

The sky is falling…the sky is falling! Seems everyone was yelling the same thing about SCV last year when Rick, Myron, Jim and Murray left. Seems to me SCV had a credible year despite all the changes. Sometimes change works out for everybody!