ALL Scouts Caption Heads Resign

Everyone can express an opinion here, but guess what... It's an OPINION! Don't get upset when someone like me comes along to remind you that you're passing along potentially meaningless chatter! For those of you, who are concerned - keep that it mind when you read their OPINIONS!

By the way -- what you have to keep in mind is that this isn't "meaningless chatter" ... it's people who are FANS of the Scouts posting their concerns because they're worried by such a startling development. I'm not sure why you can't see that.

And speaking of meaningless chatter, you're off-topic ramblings really aren't helping.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way -- what you have to keep in mind is that this isn't "meaningless chatter" ... it's people who are FANS of the Scouts posting their concerns because they're worried by such a startling development. I'm not sure why you can't see that.

And speaking of meaningless chatter, you're off-topic ramblings really aren't helping.

http://www.madisonscouts.org/forum/viewtop...b21cb60b470f0cd also has a thread with discussion on this, if anyone is interested.

(edited for correct link :) )

Edited by bawker

right, but it's "more heat than light" as they say. Also, people seem to be overreacting a just a wee bit [Gimme that Cap'n Obvious Award, Pearson].

"ALL IS WELL"

</Kevin Bacon in Animal House>

right, but it's "more heat than light" as they say. Also, people seem to be overreacting a just a wee bit

So when the brass arranger and all the caption heads of a very popular corps all resign, right on the heels of the 2005 DCI Director of the Year getting his pink slip from the corps' board ... that's not sufficient cause for their fans to be concerned?

All my opinions:

Madison is F'd. Not only a new director but completely new staff, and we all know how hard/long it takes staffs to gel with kids and placements. Kids will leave, talent will go elsewhere... following their instructors perhaps. top this all on a 9th place finish this year and its probably out of finals for madison in 07.

only thing that might save them is the appointment of seidling (doubtful) or mason (doubtful) or stewart (doubtful).

So when the brass arranger and all the caption heads of a very popular corps all resign, right on the heels of the 2005 DCI Director of the Year getting his pink slip from the corps' board ... that's not sufficient cause for their fans to be concerned?

sure but "Concerned" as in when your Dad says "I'm concerned about these grades" not as in when your doctor says "I'm concerned about that spot on your chest X-ray."

Also, people seem to be overreacting a just a wee bit [Gimme that Cap'n Obvious Award, Pearson].

Possibly. However, one of the keys to success for most competitive units is staff retention and having strong leadership. We've seen 'Coats and Crown rise the past few years because of those stabilizing factors.

Given that as the basis for concern, I think it's justified somewhat (even if we are all a bunch of bandos, has-beens and wannabees here. :P )

What options do the returning members have?

1) accept it and come back or 2) move on to another corps

Unfortunately, I think that's their only options. What could they do at this point to fix an obvious mistake by the Board???

this whole concept has always interested me. (probably b/c I kinda feel like I've been there, sort of)

Is it loyalty to corps? loyalty to a director or staff? or what that drives someone to march somewhere. I realize that oftentimes who the staff is GREATLY impacts the dynamic of the corps. But for me, coming back in a year when it's going to be more difficult is part of the loyalty to the history (and alumni) of your corps. Maybe it's not easy to see things (and people) change, but IMO it's VERY important that some of the vets make the decision that the integrity of the corps is more important that being down about changes that happen w/in an organization.

just venting really. :)