Is that to say that having a lined field is an unreasonable expectation? For a championship competition?

I know that with some of the drill I did in Junior corps, that if the field wasn't marked, people would have gotten severely hurt. I just don't understand how it's considered a championships competition if they can't even line the field. Hello, at least DCI has enough sense to put DUCT TAPE where the hashes should have been. I guess I shouldn't have any EXPECTATIONS when it comes to DCA. As that's the only way I'll never be disappointed by it's events. Or perhaps I shouldn't donate thousands towards DCA corps per year. Much less waste my time being a part of one or more. You have got to be kidding me, expecting a line field at a championship competition is UNREASONABLE? How about expecting a bed at a four star hotel? Or an airplane ticket to provide transport aboard an airplane.

a7-whaaaambulance.gif

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny. I bet you $1 the Buccaneers had absolutely no issues with lack of field lines at prelims. If you've ever marched on Buc Field at night, you know what I mean. In 2004 and 2005, any rehearsal after the sun goes down is one without lines (the lights are only in the front, and it makes the lines disappear no matter how well they are painted).

When Westshoremen practiced on City Island (parking lot owned by the city of Harrisburg) we had the same problem. Only marked long straight lines were part of the parking slots. One year we used a parking line as the back sideline and the next it was the front sideline. When learning drill we used to put pennies or pebbles (or pieces of trash) down to find our spots again. :P

There are ways to line a field, even an artificial one that isn't permanent and doesn't wash off in the rain. . At which point one would be looking for SUITABLE facilities for next year.

And/Or never consider the use of a baseball, soccer, or other NON-football facility as a potential site for an international championship competition based on drill written for a football field.

Chemical soluable paint

White chalk

Masking Tape / Painters tape

Fricken laser beams

(anyway except the way it was, more like was not)

WEll thought out post. :worthy:

Edited by camel lips

Is that to say that having a lined field is an unreasonable expectation? For a championship competition?

I know that with some of the drill I did in Junior corps, that if the field wasn't marked, people would have gotten severely hurt. I just don't understand how it's considered a championships competition if they can't even line the field. Hello, at least DCI has enough sense to put DUCT TAPE where the hashes should have been. I guess I shouldn't have any EXPECTATIONS when it comes to DCA. As that's the only way I'll never be disappointed by it's events. Or perhaps I shouldn't donate thousands towards DCA corps per year. Much less waste my time being a part of one or more. You have got to be kidding me, expecting a line field at a championship competition is UNREASONABLE? How about expecting a bed at a four star hotel? Or an airplane ticket to provide transport aboard an airplane.

your hystrionics have gone from whiny to pathetic at this point. a reasonable expectation given the circumstance of the weather conditions, as well as what types of fields there are available that have permanent yard lines.

here's a picture of Giants Stadium. as you can see ~ no PERMANENT YARD LINES.

Giants20Stadium20World20Cup2094.jpg

if you hate what you spend so much to be part of DCA you have an easy solution if you hate it that much. don't be part of an organization that competes in that circuit. put your brilliant ideas to work and form your own, obviously better group that will kill DCA and rise to the top.

and by the way ~ i love your suggestion of duct tape to show the hashes. because if you slipped and fell on wet, slippery duct tape, i'm sure you'd be #####ing about your injuries and how dare DCA not think before doing such a stupid thing.

there's no way now to go back and re-do this year's championships. you can either sit behind your computer #####ing for the next however many days there are until next year's or you can accept that it happened and move on. considering that your rants get more and more outrageous with each passing day it's pretty easy to see which choice you'll make.

your hystrionics have gone from whiny to pathetic at this point. a reasonable expectation given the circumstance of the weather conditions, as well as what types of fields there are available that have permanent yard lines.

here's a picture of Giants Stadium. as you can see ~ no PERMANENT YARD LINES.

Giants20Stadium20World20Cup2094.jpg

if you hate what you spend so much to be part of DCA you have an easy solution if you hate it that much. don't be part of an organization that competes in that circuit. put your brilliant ideas to work and form your own, obviously better group that will kill DCA and rise to the top.

and by the way ~ i love your suggestion of duct tape to show the hashes. because if you slipped and fell on wet, slippery duct tape, i'm sure you'd be #####ing about your injuries and how dare DCA not think before doing such a stupid thing.

there's no way now to go back and re-do this year's championships. you can either sit behind your computer #####ing for the next however many days there are until next year's or you can accept that it happened and move on. considering that your rants get more and more outrageous with each passing day it's pretty easy to see which choice you'll make.

AMEN

um....the vet called. he said the way this dead horse hasbeen kicked violates more than a few laws.

poor trigger.....it just wanted to be done with finals

um....the vet called. he said the way this dead horse hasbeen kicked violates more than a few laws.

poor trigger.....it just wanted to be done with finals

Is there a statute of limitations on how long a topic is worth discussing? If you think a thread is not yielding anything new, STOP READING IT!

Sorry if his opinion doesnt square with yours, but even so he gets to have it, and there are a number of people who share his opinion that things could have been done better by DCA.

Edited by Scerpella

a7-whaaaambulance.gif

:spit:

:lol::worthy::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edited by SaraNYC

Dan,

We didn't say it wasn't important. I think DCA has heard all of the complaints and suggestions, as have the Rachacha folks who read here. the thread has gotten to the point where it has gone off topic, and at times insulting.

I am sure DCA is working on contigency plans of some sort for next year. If only for the fact that even if nothing happens, they can advertise that they did plan for the worst...tho, given this crowd, they'd still find something to ##### about.

it's done, it's over, you can't change it. we have 11 months for DCA to learn and grow and plan. give a chance to prioritize the issues and get to work for God's sake. it's not like they have a staff of 400 to do this.....it's more like 12.

Is there a statute of limitations on how long a topic is worth discussing? If you think a thread is not yielding anything new, STOP READING IT!

Im really looking forward to telling you folks to stop whining about something that is important to you.

:lol:

Someone's crying, Lord, kumbaya

Oh Lord, kumbaya

:worthy: