Hi there, this is God. First-time poster here. Just wanted you all to know I received some phone calls on this matter and, what can I say, the cat's out of the bag. I specifically made it rain on Rochester that day knowing full well what it would mean for the corps. It seemed like it would be a funny joke at the time, but it appears some of you got upset.

This was probably my worst idea since I invented the platypus. My apologies. I thought the fact that Scranton only received 0.2 inchesof rain that day would be a nice touch also. Sorry if my joke was done in poor taste. I'll do better next year.

(Hope people have a sense of humor on this one)

:huh::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sistine-chapel.jpeg

Hi, this is God again, I just wanted to clarify my remarks about the weather since you people have such a good record of misconstruing my remarks about war and killing and marriage and such. You could have waited a day to hold prelims. This is God signing off. B)
Edited by Scerpella

Actual quote from our (Lutheran) churches sermon. "...it doesn't pay to tick off God....".

Part of sermon was about Moses & company in the wilderness and the people wanted meat instead of manna. God said he would give them meat "until it comes out of their nostrils" (another quote, this time from Exodus).

Quit your grumpin' or Ro-cha-cha may have a drought next year.... :laugh:

Dude...what do you want DCA to do...permanently line a soccer field with football markings? Coulnd't be done at that facility.

There are ways to line a field, even an artificial one that isn't permanent and doesn't wash off in the rain. But apparently the CONTRACTS didn't address that issue, and/or the facility was unable to even consider such ways. At which point one would assume a breach of contract and be looking for SUITABLE facilities for next year. And/Or never consider the use of a baseball, soccer, or other NON-football facility as a potential site for an international championship competition based on drill written for a football field.

Chemical soluable paint

White chalk

Masking Tape / Painters tape

Fricken laser beams

(anyway except the way it was, more like was not)

There are ways to line a field, even an artificial one that isn't permanent and doesn't wash off in the rain. But apparently the CONTRACTS didn't address that issue, and/or the facility was unable to even consider such ways. At which point one would assume a breach of contract ....

If the issue was not addressed in a contract, there can be no breach OF that contract on the subject at hand...

good lord, it was a month ago, and here people are still #####ing.

thank god for those few with a sense of humor

good lord, it was a month ago, and here people are still #####ing.

thank god for those few with a sense of humor

Jeff, I think you underestimate the importance of a few white lines.

People could have died! You cannot possibly perform a show with no lines on the field. Never ever!

Edited by Kamarag

Jeff, I think you underestimate the importance of a few white lines.

People could have died! You cannot possibly perform a show with no lines on the field. Never ever!

The old farts from teh early 70s would've felt right at home, tho!

There are ways to line a field, even an artificial one that isn't permanent and doesn't wash off in the rain. But apparently the CONTRACTS didn't address that issue, and/or the facility was unable to even consider such ways. At which point one would assume a breach of contract and be looking for SUITABLE facilities for next year. And/Or never consider the use of a baseball, soccer, or other NON-football facility as a potential site for an international championship competition based on drill written for a football field.

As most football fields double as soccer fields in almost any stadium in the country you don't find permanently lined fields in place. i don't know what you think DCA is going to contract with in order to get what it is YOU think YOU deserved, because it just IS NOT out there. :huh:

we've officially hit the level of "rediculous" in this discussion.

it's one thing to have reasonable expectations but you do have to know where the term "reasonable" ends . . . :laugh:

:laugh:

I just read this entire thread.

<up on soapbox>

GET OVER IT. DCA WEEKEND WAS A MONTH AGO. GET ON WITH YOUR LIVES. IT WAS WHAT IT WAS.

<down from soapbox>