Who Will Be the Next 1st-Time DCI Champiom

do you have reasoning to back that up? im not trying to bash that as a possibility, but its easy to just list a name

Well, it could be awhile, but they have some staff who have put people in ring contention before. I would say 'Watch this space'.

Bluecoats. They have considerably more depth to their show design as of late than Crown or BAC have ever had and they have been developing a performer to take it to the next level. Personally I feel that the talent they have coming into that corps is actually starting to grow beyond the staff and I hope they realize that and make some changes. Sometimes staffs have to change just to keep up with a growing talent level in the membership and I think Bluecoats were at that point this past year at finals.

Bluecoats. They have considerably more depth to their show design as of late than Crown or BAC have ever had and they have been developing a performer to take it to the next level. Personally I feel that the talent they have coming into that corps is actually starting to grow beyond the staff and I hope they realize that and make some changes. Sometimes staffs have to change just to keep up with a growing talent level in the membership and I think Bluecoats were at that point this past year at finals.

I predict time will tell.

The thing w/ Bluecoats to keep in mind, is that a few years back Glassmen and BAC were touted as next first champs. We will see if Bluuuuue can stay at the level they are at. It apparently takes a bunch of effort to remain there - look at Cadets in 06, and SCV 04-05-06. Best of luck to Bluuuue.

But what I am waiting for Blue Stars vs Troopers for the title.

The thing w/ Bluecoats to keep in mind, is that a few years back Glassmen and BAC were touted as next first champs. We will see if Bluuuuue can stay at the level they are at. It apparently takes a bunch of effort to remain there - look at Cadets in 06, and SCV 04-05-06. Best of luck to Bluuuue.

But what I am waiting for Blue Stars vs Troopers for the title.

Glassmen had a huge turnover of staff and they never got the same level of people back from what I heard... BAC I really am not sure about, but I would imagine something similar happened, I don't know. But Bluecoats have been constantly on the rise for a good 6 years, Glassmen only enjoyed 2-3 years in the top 6 and BAC has been on and off for the last 6 years... they aren't very consistant in their placements. I predict if Crown keeps growing it could be them as well, I think we're all pretty much in agreement that it will either be BC or Crown.

The only think I am in agreement about is who won in 06 and before. The truth is, anything could happen. Coats could win. Or they can follow the same path so many others have and drop down to 8th and 9th. They can win drums one year, and be 10th in drums the next year. That happened to SCV 2 years ago. It's not impossible. I wish them the best, but I'm gonna hold off on anything else until it actually happens.

The thing w/ Bluecoats to keep in mind, is that a few years back Glassmen and BAC were touted as next first champs.

Blue Knights were thrown into that mix also. Something always seems to happen to make them drop out. Hope Bluecoats go back and find out what happened. Usually a change of program and/or staff causes things like this to happen.

• 6 years later...

I just wanted to resurrect this Topic from 2006.

It is VERY interesting to read given the fact we now know what happens for the next 7 years.

• Like 1

I just wanted to resurrect this Topic from 2006.

It is VERY interesting to read given the fact we now know what happens for the next 7 years.

Lot of people were pretty accurate then. Lot of people said Crown, and that Phantom would win their own championship within a couple of years. They did just that in 2008, and now Crown has won 7 years since this topic came up.

Next first champion? Probably Bluecoats, they've come closer than anyone else.