Ideas for a Blue Devils show

JamMan

something jazzy

I agree........they are WAAAYYYY over due to play something jazzy. Experimenting is over........get back and jazz it up. I would love to hear them play straight out jazz and feature about 10 solos, duets, quartets......

Triple Forte

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not just a snippet like was on this year's BD CD, but music from the entire movie......

The Blue Devils are THE INCREDIBLES!!!

Not just a snippet like was on this year's BD CD, but music from the entire movie......

The Blue Devils are THE INCREDIBLES!!!

Wouldn't that be "The Incrediblues" ?

I would love to hear them play Cowboy Bebop, that would be an awesome show, and BD is the only corps I think that could pull it off.

Oh, I don't know about that. RCR did a pretty d@mn good job with "Tank" from "Cowboy Bebop" this past season.

Blood on the Fields by Wynton Marsalis, the Pulitzer Prize winning 'suite' about Africans being brought to the US as slaves. There is some amazing music in the three hour, three CD 27 part suite, it's a story that could be beautifully realized by the Blue Devils, and one that would be thought provoking, powerful, and enjoyable (it does have a happy ending).

And to top it off, there is narration for the modern DCI folks to both embrace and complain about (depending on your sensibilities) :P

I've wanted to see Blue Devils do this for almost a decade, and I think it would work so well for them.

The 2004 show used some music from Blood on the Fields even though it wasn't credited on this page:

http://www.bluedevils.org/tty/index.php?ye...&programID=

;-)