The Drum Corps Activity is Healthier Than Ever!

Looks like RAMD is leaking.

Who is elitest when you are saying that we don't know who or what made drum corps drum corps?

You've lost track of reality trying to hold on to your own personal spotlight.

I'm sure that everyone who marched drum corps in your day was just some kid that only had nothing in the world going for them except those things you mentinoed :music:

The idea that kids that march today are professional musicians (or semi-professional) is complete bull ####. It's a ridiculous idea and it's a flat out lie. I am nowhere NEAR a professional musician, in fact I'm a fairly average, but because of my pride and determination I was a World Champion. The reason most corps don't teach kids to play anymore is because high school band programs are so much more common and better than they used to be. High school band has taken on the job of training, drum corps don't HAVE to do that anymore. There are still some Div 2/3 corps that do that too though. Don't be so high and mighty that you don't think that kids today aren't the same as the kids when you marched. I personally find your claims highly insulting to those who march today.

I am glad the High school has taught people to read music. But in the same sense it was not meant to turn Drum Corps into a band. Already Cadets new name for THE MARCHING STORE site is Band Geek. I think you lost the point of the last post you replied about. I took it as though some of the younger members (with attitudes of being elite)of DCP have some overrated opinions that DCI is better than old time drum corps. If it was not for the old time you would not have the new age DCI . You see it breaks our hearts to see where this is going. We love drum corps no matter what the advances were. But know more and more it is turning into a band program. It is becoming a summer extension of marching band and not true Drum and Bugle Corps. Again my opinion.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stef,

With all due respect, you haven’t answered the question.

With equal respect, Jim, I said you asked a loaded question that didn't have a legitimate answer.

Would you rather participate in a discussion, or just ask closed ended questions whose singular answers "prove" one side illegitimately right or wrong?

Stef

But it's highly presumptuous to assume that kids today do not respect it's origin and the people that created it.

It appears that you do not! :sshh:

Looks like RAMD is leaking.

Who is elitest when you are saying that we don't know who or what made drum corps drum corps?

You've lost track of reality trying to hold on to your own personal spotlight.

I'm sure that everyone who marched drum corps in your day was just some kid that only had nothing in the world going for them except those things you mentinoed :music:

The idea that kids that march today are professional musicians (or semi-professional) is complete bull ####. It's a ridiculous idea and it's a flat out lie. I am nowhere NEAR a professional musician, in fact I'm a fairly average, but because of my pride and determination I was a World Champion. The reason most corps don't teach kids to play anymore is because high school band programs are so much more common and better than they used to be. High school band has taken on the job of training, drum corps don't HAVE to do that anymore. There are still some Div 2/3 corps that do that too though. Don't be so high and mighty that you don't think that kids today aren't the same as the kids when you marched. I personally find your claims highly insulting to those who march today.

Number ONE: High School Band is NOT Drum Corps!

Number TWO: I do not see your DrumCorps creds listed any where. You want to see mine??????

Irony:

Folks like Rudi and Beagus talking down their noses to anyone younger than them or whom they presume has "no idea of the history of drum corps" and spouting words like "elitist."

Sarcasm:

Me saying I respect either of them for doing so and representing "old time drum corps" with such respect-worthy behavior.

There's your education in drum corps.

Stef

Asking kids to respect the older crowd when it is obvious the older crowd does not respect them is just wrong. "modern drum corps is just band "shows are too esoteric" "in my day we played real music". Kids today need to respect those ideas? Bull####

Edited by Morgoth Bauglir

I do not see your DrumCorps creds listed any where. You want to see mine??????

Lesson 2:

Opinions (even bad ones, evidenced by your own posts) do not require a resume.

Stef

It appears that you do not! :sshh:

Show me an example that shows that I do not know where drum corps came from or respect those who created it.

As for my marching credentials, I don't see how they matter. I have no desire for a pissing contest.

Asking kids to respect the older crowd when it is obvious the older crowd does not respect them is just wrong. "modern drum corps is just band "shows are too esoteric" "in my day we played real music". Kids today need to respect those ideas? Bull####

Yep... That about says it all... Thank you for your appoligy...

Wow..this is the drum corps activity getting healthier? :P Y'all are getting WAYYYYYYYYYYY off topic...(Not that I'VE ever done that).. :music:

I see a lot of passionate people..on both sides of the issue. Nothing wrong with that. But really no need to get into the pissing contest it's turning into. JMO.

I'd love to stay and chat but I'm tired and just got back from Bradenton which is a two hour drive maybe later...Good night all!