The Drum Corps Activity is Healthier Than Ever!

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for my marching credentials, I don't see how they matter. I have no desire for a pissing contest.

Yes, as a matter of fact, it does. Are you a newbee or have you been around since the invention of fire? If you are a newbee, then you have limited experience unless you were brought up with someone who has been around since the invention of fire. There is no doupt in my mind that you are an experienced drum corps person. However, from your posts, you have limited knowledge of Corps history.

Yes, as a matter of fact, it does. Are you a newbee or have you been around since the invention of fire? If you are a newbee, then you have limited experience unless you were brought up with someone who has been around since the invention of fire. There is no doupt in my mind that you are an experienced drum corps person. However, from your posts, you have limited knowledge of Corps history.

And it appears you have limited knowledge of corps at present.

am I the only one who finds it terribly insulting to say that someone who is relatively "new" to the activity could not have a good grasp on the corps history?

^^^ You know I don't make a habit of agreeing with you... but I have to on this one :P

I have only been around the activity since 2000.

However saying that you can't have knowledge of drum corps history unless you were there is like saying you can't have knowledge of the civil war unless you were there.

Edited by dbc03

am I the only one who finds it terribly insulting to say that someone who is relatively "new" to the activity could not have a good grasp on the corps history?

Certainly not. This is getting ridiculous. Everyone has different opinions on the direction of junior corps, but to come on here and start throwing around whatever experience you have as though it makes your opinions more legitmate than anyone else is ridiculous. No one is more special than anyone else around here, so I would appreciate some climbing down off of high horses by at least a couple people in here.

Irony:

Folks like Rudi and Beagus talking down their noses to anyone younger than them or whom they presume has "no idea of the history of drum corps" and spouting words like "elitist."

Sarcasm:

Me saying I respect either of them for doing so and representing "old time drum corps" with such respect-worthy behavior.

There's your education in drum corps.

Stef

I was not talking down to anyone. No I do not presume that they do not have a idea of the history of drum corps. And I was quoting the word "Elitist" from a prior post. I have respect for the kids and adults who march the activity. It is not easy doing what they do. Did you do it ? I did and taught and ran a corps. And I am still involved today and support every angle of drum corps from DCI to DCA and indoor guard and also some band shows. So I do not know where you think I was talking down to anyone. It is like religion , and politics here . everyone has a right to their own opinion. PEACE .

Sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees.

I was not talking down to anyone. No I do not presume that they do not have a idea of the history of drum corps. And I was quoting the word "Elitist" from a prior post. I have respect for the kids and adults who march the activity. It is not easy doing what they do. Did you do it ? I did and taught and ran a corps. And I am still involved today and support every angle of drum corps from DCI to DCA and indoor guard and also some band shows. So I do not know where you think I was talking down to anyone. It is like religion , and politics here . everyone has a right to their own opinion. PEACE .

Actually.. telling people they should learn more about the history of corps without knowing a thing about them is pretty ironic when you want to call them elitist.

and yes.. let's have a pissing contest, shall we?

Yes I did it... I did it A LOT. I'm STILL doing it.

I also STARTED several corps (that's right.. from the ground up).. helped run a couple of them, wrote about them for 13 years in DCW and am still an active volunteer and (I suspect the BIG difference between you and me) FAN. I still attend shows and actually *gasp* have a good time!! Sometimes I even clap and enjoy myself!

Look, if you want "peace," why don't you try NOT coming into a discussion with both barrels blazing? People around here are generally of better than average intelligence.. and represent a pretty vast and varied pool of experience in and around ALL eras and styles of drum corps.. they might just want to involve you in conversation -- even if you disagree with them. Most tend to react negatively when you arrive and do nothing but belittle something they did or love.

Chill pill. Give it a try.

Stef

Actually.. telling people they should learn more about the history of corps without knowing a thing about them is pretty ironic when you want to call them elitist.

and yes.. let's have a pissing contest, shall we?

Yes I did it... I did it A LOT. I'm STILL doing it.

I also STARTED several corps (that's right.. from the ground up).. helped run a couple of them, wrote about them for 13 years in DCW and am still an active volunteer and (I suspect the BIG difference between you and me) FAN. I still attend shows and actually *gasp* have a good time!! Sometimes I even clap and enjoy myself!

Look, if you want "peace," why don't you try NOT coming into a discussion with both barrels blazing? People around here are generally of better than average intelligence.. and represent a pretty vast and varied pool of experience in and around ALL eras and styles of drum corps.. they might just want to involve you in conversation -- even if you disagree with them. Most tend to react negatively when you arrive and do nothing but belittle something they did or love.

Chill pill. Give it a try.

Stef

If you got a chill pill pass it on :music: . I did no come on here to start a war but state my opinion. This is still America . I can voice my opinion . I did not call anyone elitest. I was addressing the prior post read back. Yes I can clap at shows too and even enjoy myself . And yes I am a FAN. And I also started a corps from the ground up. It looks like we have some of the same experience in the activity. And by the way I still volunteer and work with a corps. I still support the activity and donate time and money. Why do we do this for the love of Drum Corps. :music: "Most tend to react negatively when you arrive and do nothing but belittle smething they did or love." Agree with you on that one. :music:

:P Wishing I had a chill pill,

Beagus