Baseball & Drum Corps

Hey everyone, I'm really bored at work so I decided to do this...

Comparison: Baseball & Drum Corps!

The Cavaliers:

Region: Chicago White Sox - Well, the Cubs can't be related to them because they haven't won anything, like ever.

Historically: New York Yankees - The Dynasty!!

Boston Red Sox - 3rd Most Championships in DCI history

Overall: New York Yankees - Most Championships in the decade

The Blue Devils:

Region: Oakland Athletics - They've won and were a dynasty.

SF Giants - They, to me, seem to have a white collar feel about em.

Historically: New York Yankees - The most championships in DCI History!

Reputation: New York Yankees - The Godfather, Jazz, Gangster Chronicles(?)

Overall: New York Yankees - The Evil Empire! (just kidding) - Ties to the city by music, pop culture, and attitude.

Santa Clara Vanguard:

Region: Oakland Athletics - They've won and were a dynasty also.

Historically: NY Giants/Cincinnatti Reds/Pittsburg Pirates - 4th Most Championships in DCI history

Reputation: St. Louis Cardinals - Incredibly classy and honorable

Overall: St. Louis Cardinals - Great fans, incredibly knowledgable, classy, with a history of winning.

Phantom Regiment:

Region: Chicago Cubs - Not meant in a bad way, but they WILL get new rings one day.

Historically: Chicago Cubs - Although they don't have the rings to show it, they are incredible and get VERY close to winning. They will one day.

Reputation: Chicago Cubs - Die-Hard fans, great attitude, classic! Fan favorites!

Overall: St. Louis Cardinals - Great fans, incredibly knowledgable, classy, with a history of winning.

Make your comparisons!!!

Am I right? Wrong?

Don't hurt me if I'm wrong... :)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very creative!

But hey... COME ON... the Cubs won something........................once.

A real long time ago.... :blink:

Edited by GGarrett

Very creative!

But hey... COME ON... the Cubs won something........................once.

And so did Phantom!

Edited by juice

BD: Atlanta Braves, circa 1991-2005 (amazing consistency)

Cavaliers: The American League as a whole, circa 1998-2005

Phantom: Boston Red Sox- STELLAR tradition, incredibly passionate fans, and probably the most "cursed" corps of all time (see 1979, 1989, 1996, 2005, 2006)

Colts: Philadelphia Phillies (both have come agonizingly close to making Finals/the playoffs the past few years; both have cool mascots with the Gnome and the Phanatic, respectively)

Spirit: Oakland A's (consistent contenders in their division, but not much opportunity to move up to the next level)

Madison: Chicago Cubs (some past success, recent struggles, national recognition and a smart, insanely-loyal fanbase)

Pioneer: Historical: Cleveland Spiders, circa 1899 (the WORST team of all time, with a record of 20-134). Modern: Tampa Bay D-rays. "More PC, less controversial" version- Kansas City Royals- won some titles in the past, but those days are long in the past, with lots of struggles since.

Cadets: Yankees (both owners/directors named George, both have won lots of titles, both inspire much devotion/hatred)

Crossmen: San Fransisco Giants, 1958 (the first year they moved from NY)

Crown: Minnesota Twins (solid up-and-comers to the elite of their activity)

Capital Regiment: Arizona Diamondbacks (found quick success, then fell off the radar).

Edited by Galen

Troopers: Pittsburgh Pirates (Long tradition, lots of past success, but not much recently)

27th Lancers: BROOKLYN Dodgers (Everyone's favorite "former" team)

Star of Indiana: Florida Marlins (Organizations formed relatively recently, rose quickly to a championship, and then practically disbanded)

Philadelphia/West Chester/Bensalem/Newark/Allentown/San Antonio Crossmen: Boston/Milwaukee/Atlanta Braves (They just can't make up their minds about where they're from)

So it's root, root, root for the Cubbies...

:blink:

If they don't win it's a shame!

:blink:

That's alotta shame there, buddy. :P

Pioneer: Historical: Cleveland Spiders, circa 1899 (the WORST team of all time, with a record of 20-134). Modern: Tampa Bay D-rays

Seeing in your signature that you were once a member of Pio I'm hoping this comment was in jest.