Classical music in DCA?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets see if we can stay on topic about Classical music in DCA and NOT about the corps that play Classical music.

Alright??? :)

i'm all for it. if done well, better for the fans!!!

Not a stand-sitter, but as a fan of the activity, and a person who migrates to and play in jazz corps, I like the variety classical programs bring to the night show. And played well like they have been, I have no problem being beaten by them.

However, if DCA became a predominantly classical stage for some reason and lose it's healthy mix of musical taste, I'd probably change my mind.

but i dont think DCA will.

as i stated in another thread, before Bucs won wth classical, when was the last time a classical show won DCA?

1988. Sunrisers.

since then you had jazz, original jazz, jazz, broadway, broadway, jazz, latin, jazz, broadway, broadway, jazz, jazz, jazz, jazz, latin and jazz.

i dont think DCA's going all classical any time soon.

I think Ed started this topic just so he'd have something to read in the DCA forum this weekend. :P

I think Ed started this topic just so he'd have something to read in the DCA forum this weekend. :P

:spit:

but i dont think DCA will.

as i stated in another thread, before Bucs won wth classical, when was the last time a classical show won DCA?

1988. Sunrisers.

since then you had jazz, original jazz, jazz, broadway, broadway, jazz, latin, jazz, broadway, broadway, jazz, jazz, jazz, jazz, latin and jazz.

i dont think DCA's going all classical any time soon.

Sun won in 1987 and I don't know that I'd consider ET Adventures on Earth to be Classical...

actually I looked over Corpsreps and I couldn't find a senior corps that played an entirely classical show that ever won DCA until 2005.

theyalso played stuff from the Planets which is classical

theyalso played stuff from the Planets which is classical

right, Jupiter is possibly one of my favorite drum corps songs (and 87 sun is top 3 in my DCA all time favs) but like I said the show wasn't entirely classical. First to do a completely classical show and win DCA with it was 05 Bucs. (or so I think)

Edited by BucsBuff