Cadets Show

I hope the Cadets go back to the original uniform style. I hope they don't go back to wool. In july and August they were very uncomfortable.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the Cadets go back to the original uniform style. I hope they don't go back to wool. In july and August they were very uncomfortable.

Exactly. I've always figured that, had they wanted to, they could easily have gotten something that looked identical to the <ahem> "real" Cadets uniform, while still being a bit more practical to deal with. I know the differences are pretty minor, and not necessarily visible from the top of the stands, but still ... you shouldn't mess with a classic. B)

Wouldn't be suprised if that's the narration during the introduction.

ampssuck

Okay some clarifications from Hopkins himself at the audition camp on Saturday. First of all, he said there would be NO vocals. He also said they were going back to the regular uniforms (they have to decide between two companies). They will most likely not be wool. They are selling all 8 buses (most likely), too, if anyone cares. And the teaser we got was "it will have something to do with the parts compared to the whole". It will utilize the whole field for a much larger time than has been done before (go Cadet's innovation! :) ), while having different parts (ex: quarters of the field) doing/playing different things that eventually bring them together as a whole. He said it would group together different parts (ex: snares and trumpets) without neccessarily putting them together on the field. So basically, a little more of a taste of what sounds like another interesting show.

Also, it looks like while they didn't use a particular person's whole show from the open-source contest, they are going to try to use several songs they were introduced to. And there will still be a winner.

And don't hold me to any of this. I'm a notorious mis-quoter. :lol: .

I might be able to answer a few more specific questions if you PM me.

Okay some clarifications from Hopkins himself at the audition camp on Saturday. First of all, he said there would be NO vocals. He also said they were going back to the regular uniforms (they have to decide between two companies). They will most likely not be wool. They are selling all 8 buses (most likely), too, if anyone cares. And the teaser we got was "it will have something to do with the parts compared to the whole". It will utilize the whole field for a much larger time than has been done before (go Cadet's innovation! :) ), while having different parts (ex: quarters of the field) doing/playing different things that eventually bring them together as a whole. He said it would group together different parts (ex: snares and trumpets) without neccessarily putting them together on the field. So basically, a little more of a taste of what sounds like another interesting show.

Also, it looks like while they didn't use a particular person's whole show from the open-source contest, they are going to try to use several songs they were introduced to. And there will still be a winner.

And don't hold me to any of this. I'm a notorious mis-quoter. :lol: .

I might be able to answer a few more specific questions if you PM me.

New buses...sweeeeeet :lol:

No, I don't. George Hopkins, the director of the Cadets, in a public blog, said their show would be based on the quote he listed. People are discussing this.

If you feel you've been sleighted in the past over a similar issue, or if you have any other concerns, please pm one of the DCP staff.

LOL..no I don't feel I've been "slighted" over a similiar issue, I'm just trying to get an understanding of the rules that's all.

But I see now how this goes... :lol:

First of all, he said there would be NO vocals.

:lol:

:huh:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs

:lol::wink::wink::lol::wink:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol: :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Hrothgar15

I know. This will make it a bad drum corps show. The majority of fans will hate it. They may even embarass themselves at finals like last year. I know you agree with me.

One "fan" told me this about last years show (The Cadets):

"Sweetie, now is the best time to get your hotdog--This show has been the worse 11 minutes of my life."--two of the marching members that I instructed last summer, chuckled a bit, and then we went to go get a hot cup of tea.

LOL..no I don't feel I've been "slighted" over a similiar issue, I'm just trying to get an understanding of the rules that's all.

But I see now how this goes... :lol:

Glad to help, and thanks so much being so kind as to take the time to correct my typo. If you have any other questions, let us know. :)