Cadets NOT to use amplified vocals in 2007 show.

Why? There shouldn't be any limit on how many a members a corps decides they want to field.

"Supersized DCI":

Yeah, "Why Not". Make them bigger and there will be (No Doubt) FEWER of them. The "Smaller" corps will be the ones to suffer. This idea of Hopkins is nothing new. The late Don Angelica was in favor of "Dreadnought" corps, envisioning just one or two of them per "Region".

Elphaba

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Supersized DCI":

Yeah, "Why Not". Make them bigger and there will be (No Doubt) FEWER of them. The "Smaller" corps will be the ones to suffer. This idea of Hopkins is nothing new. The late Don Angelica was in favor of "Dreadnought" corps, envisioning just one or two of them per "Region".

Elphaba

The 'smaller' corps are not full now. People who audition for div I corps 'X' want to march with that corps...not just a corps. It's been posted over and over how auditionees who are cut do not usually join one of the 'smaller' corps.

The 'smaller' corps are not full now. People who audition for div I corps 'X' want to march with that corps...not just a corps. It's been posted over and over how auditionees who are cut do not usually join one of the 'smaller' corps.

I know plenty of kids who try out for a Division I corps, don't make it, and return for another year at their Division II/III corps.

Why does it really matter?

From what I've seen, since 2000, nothing the Cadets have put out has entertained me. It doesn't matter if they aren't using vocals if the show is still a snore war like 2005 and 2006.

Yeah, but they would be pretty much empty if there were no size limit.