Early 2007 Predictions

By the way...this strikes me as "You said something bad about my corps so shut up" kind of a rant. OK...prove me wrong. Tell me why these predictions are wrong, worthless as you say. I've stated reasons why each corps is placed in their position based on past success and recent developments in their announced programs, staff, audition camp reports, etc.

There are two ways anyone connected with a corps can assert my predictions as wrong. One...make your own...with your own reasons for placement. Two,,,go out this summer and kick butt and have a great summer.

But, for now...after the leftovers of Thanksgiving are depleted into the last cup of turkey soup, the last marshmallow on the sweet potatoes. Let's passionately discuss what could happen next summer.

There is no point in predicting anything about any corps at this point in the year, Regiment or any other. Most of the shows have not been announced, most corps have had only one camp. You might as well be randomly pulling these things out of a hat. For example, these predictions were made last January by folks on this board for 2006.

1st. the cadets

2nd. Phantom Regiment

3rd. Cavaliers

4th. Bluecoats there time is comming

5th. Madison Scouts

6th. SCV they will improve

7th. Carolina Crown

8th. Blue Devils another jazz show....

9th. Boston Crusaders

10th. Blue Knights

11th Glassmen

12. Crossmen it will be close like this year

1) BD (surprised, I know)

2) SCV (west coast on top!)

3) Madison

4) Cavs/Cadets

5) Cavs/Cadets (im indifferent on this)

6) PR

7) Glassmen

8) Spirit

9) Boston

10) Crossmen

11) Crown

12) Bluecoats

1. BD

2. PR

3. Cavies

4. Cadets

5. SCV

6. Madison

7. Crown

8. Bluecoats

9. Blue Knights

10. Boston

11. Glassmen

12. Crossmen

1. BD

2. Cadets

3. Bluecoats

4. Cavaliers

5. Madison Scouts

6. SCV

7. Carolina Crown

8. Phantom Regiment

9. BAC

10. BK

11. Spirit

12. Colts

Random and inaccurate. Nobody picked Cavaliers to win, some had Regiment at 8 and Bluecoats at 12. There is no way to accurately predict how the 2007 season will go at this point, therefore, any and all predictions are worthless.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guard had what...6 guys...all in feature roles as demons...hardly a full co-ed guard (equal men and women.

Yeah...I know about '78. That was a good year. Maybe if it would have been performed in '79 instead. See...that ###### SCV show in '78 is the one everyone remembers. ###### Bottle Dance.

I also think the last part of Regiment's show was the killer. Flight of the Bumblebee! Then finishing with the 9th! Oh man. Isn't that the year the guard knelt down as the corps front passed them and then they popped the Beethoveen flag behind the corps front? How cools was that.

Okay, so then it did work, because you clearly enjoyed it, and it got 2nd place...

FYI, the guard is not going to be split equally...much like last year, except about 3 or 4 more boys. But good job.

next.

There is no point in predicting anything about any corps at this point in the year, Regiment or any other. Most of the shows have not been announced, most corps have had only one camp. You might as well be randomly pulling these things out of a hat. For example, these predictions were made last January by folks on this board for 2006.

Random and inaccurate. Nobody picked Cavaliers to win, some had Regiment at 8 and Bluecoats at 12. There is no way to accurately predict how the 2007 season will go at this point, therefore, any and all predictions are worthless.

The point is fun! :)

I don't think anyone expects that all their predictions will actually come to pass.

Except my prediction that Phantom will win. :P

The point is fun! :)

I don't think anyone expects that all their predictions will actually come to pass.

Except my prediction that Phantom will win. :P

Wait...we are allowed to have fun in DCP? How dare we. How blasphemous of us. For shame.

Being a Rockford native, I hope to hell I'm wrong and will be the first to admit it right here on DCP. But, I'm also a baseball fan, and predictions for the Chicago teams usually bear out as the season ends.

Like I said, I hope the Stavinsky works wonders. I'm trying to locate a good recording of the Glass piece as well. The Regiments drums seem to be in good hands again. Hey, as my wife frequently reminds...I've been wrong before.

I'm not anti-fun by any means.

I predict Oprah will be our next president. Why? Well, I have no real reason to make this prediction, but it sure is fun...

Oprah...really...the first African-American and woman as president. It will be a huge upset. She has the money to self finance the campaign. But, she already controls most of the daytime media. Even Dubya avoids putting news conferences up against her because of her audience draw. She would most likely pull a huge woman vote.

When was the last time a non-office holder won the presidential election?

And you are right...this is fun!

How is Regiment's book "iffy at best?" You don't know anything about any of these corps for the upcoming season. This post is worthless, at best.

Boy, say something "un-positive" about Phantom and you guys come out like a pack of wolves.