11. Crossmen

12. Blue Knights

13. Academy

14. Blue Stars

15. Troopers

16. Colts

17. Glassmen

Blah blah blah ......

I see Phantom and Cadets as a 2 horse race this year. Cadets will bounce back as they always have (with smarter programming and better coordination/time management). Blue Coats up the anty on thier visual program. Dev's stay consistent but it's not going to happen this year. Cavies take a big hit for doing the Eurotour. Crown settles some percussion issues. SCV get's exposed for how dirty they really are (hopefully, they dumb things down a notch this year so they can at least be clean LIKE THEY USED TO BE). Madison maxes out GE.. dirty as sin once again .. but very very exciting. Boston does another Boston show ... meh! Spirit makes a big jump this year ... it's time. Crossmen is self explanitory. Blue Knights take a big hit... FINALLY! Welcome Academy... I really want to put you in the top 12, but we'll have to see what you come up with first. Blue Stars could have moved up, but they competition is way too stiff this year. Troopers!!!!! Welcome back. Colts ... Michael won't help. Glassmen have lost the ability to be clean... I don't think they're getting enough out of the winter camps to make a push this year.

Final EARLY seasons analysis..... All shows in the top 17 will be worthy of top 12 status. All shows in the top 11 would be top 5 by 2000 standards. The bar has been raised! Let the GAMES ... begin!

I wouldnt be so quick to count out the folks from Toledo. Amazing camp. But predictions are fun and even you space cowboy are entitled to them.

Edited by Iplaytimpani

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me help some folks out a bit.

Yes...I'm quite matter of fact when I post here. I write things some people don't like. I'm highly opinionated and have been wrong before about what I have said. In every instance, I sought out the person I may have harmed and apologized, I've come on here and admitted when I'm wrong.

Here's the brunt...DCP has a personal messaging tool. If you aren't too lazy to click the button and use it, please do. Don't clutter a thread with personal attacks. It can make a person look immature.

If you have disagreements with the predictions...great...that's what a forum is for. If you have your own ideas, please share.

As far as the Regimet's visual comment...people who have posted...you are correct, my bad...having been tainted by years of drill that almost impossible to clean. But, more and more the caption is being propelled by guard performance. If the guard handles the challenge of the Stravinsky, then I will once again...be wrong. I'm ok with that.

By the way...the only way in life not to ever be wrong is not to put forth anything new...new thoughts...new ideas...new actions.

Mr. Brace. On behalf of every other city, town village and postal stop in North America let me say how happy we all are you are from Rockford and not our area. Having fun is great, being rude and condesending about many groups with little or no back ground to back it up is classless. i don't resent your predictions no matter how rediculus, it is the comments.

Relax. This is all in good fun, and we can express different opinions. This is a DISCUSSION board, not a Mutual Admiration Society.

Making predictions based on conjecture and opinion is an art. Too bad the guys at Sports Illustrated wern't very good at it when they predicted my Carolina Panthers to go to the Super Bowl.. :blink: ...losing to the friggin' Redskins..bullcrap... <**> ...

Relax. This is all in good fun, and we can express different opinions. This is a DISCUSSION board, not a Mutual Admiration Society.

Making predictions based on conjecture and opinion is an art. Too bad the guys at Sports Illustrated wern't very good at it when they predicted my Carolina Panthers to go to the Super Bowl.. :blink: ...losing to the friggin' Redskins..bullcrap... <**> ...

Totally relaxed. Just some bothered people everytime someone states an opinion.

Carolina...someone forgot to tell them that the season has already started.

And say goodbye to Dave McGinnis and Norm Chow at Tennessee. My sources have them both going to ASU...new head coach and Offensive Coordinator.

By the way, I don't know of one prediction of even the top 6 made this early in the season that was accurate. Someone may get the winner right, but after that...it's too hard to tell until mid July. But that's so far away.

1. Cavaliers

2. Phantom

3. Bluecoats.

4. Everyone else.

~>conner

Edited by PhantomR

The only corps I've heard so far is PR. So, I don't think I have enough info to do a prediction, but I will say this. To make the beautiful sounds like the Regiment did this past weekend, even with 4 million brass, IN A GYM, is AMAZING to say the least. That ballad will be beautiful. Yet, another classic Phantom Regiment Moment. Ugggh.....I can hardly wait.

On the fun side. I'm sure 2007 will be a shootout for the top 3 slots like it was in 06. Orrrrr at least I hope it'll be that way.

Just for fun.

1. PR (they deserve another one)

2. Blue Devils (they're always dangerous)

3. Cavaliers (Another Innovative show)

4. Bluecoats (They're getting so good)

5. Cadets (I just figured they would be somewhere in here)

6. Carolina Crown (I think they will pull something out of their sleeves)

7. SCV (I don't know)

8. Scouts

9. Knights

10. Spirit

11. Boston

12. Glassmen

I'm still waiting to find out the reps and show concepts. The only real prediction I'd feel comfortable making right now is Cavies in the top 3.

BD in top 3. its 50th anniversery and theyre goin to have an AWESOME show. i also know some of the rookies and they are great! lots of talent to choose from @ january camp auditions.