Early 2007 Predictions

BD in top 3. its 50th anniversery and theyre goin to have an AWESOME show. i also know some of the rookies and they are great! lots of talent to choose from @ january camp auditions.

I hope you're right. I'm wondering how many more people are going to put BD out of the top 4. Top 4 for BD would be the only other lock that I'd be comfortable predicting, if any.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Madison - This is my fantasy and I'll stick with it!! Go Scouts!

2. Phantom - Cause they'll probably actually win

3. SCV - They are due for a top three finish!

4. Cavies - Since they never fail to produce a quality product

5. Blue Devils - Got to be in the top 5

6. Bluecoats - Because one of their colorguard members serves up a

mean cup of Starbucks to me every morning in Spring, TX!

7. Crown - I'm running out of comments - and they'll probably have a

much better drumline this year

8. Crossmen - because they are WAY due to be in the thick of it again!

9. Cadets - because who wouldn't love to see the Crossmen do better!

10. Troopers! Troopers! Troopers!

11. Spirit

12. Academy!

13. Glassmen

14. BK

15. Bluestars

16. Colts

17. Cascades

18. Pacific Crest

How's that for an uninformed fantasy answer!

GO SCOUTS!!!!!

General 07 predictions:

i predict that blue devils and SCV will have ridiculous crowd responses.

i predict that the cavaliers show/drill design will be much like all the 2000's shows, and will not be recieved as well as it has been.

i predict bluecoats to continue to do well, but do not see them in the top 3.

i predict that the cadets will also do well, coming back into the top 3, trumping the cavies and knocking phantom out... on finals night.

bah what the heck i'll give it a shot too..

1) Blue Devils

2) Cadets

3) Cavaliers

4) Phantom

5) Cavaliers

6) Bluecoats

7) Crossmen

8) Crown

9) Madison

10) Academy

11) Spirit

12) BK

Edited by FieldofBlueDreams

General 07 predictions:

i predict that blue devils and SCV will have ridiculous crowd responses.

i predict that the cavaliers show/drill design will be much like all the 2000's shows, and will not be recieved as well as it has been.

i predict bluecoats to continue to do well, but do not see them in the top 3.

i predict that the cadets will also do well, coming back into the top 3 and knocking phantom out... on finals night.

i agree with the crowd responses for scv and bd. the cali crowds will be out in big numbers cheering on the local corps! b**bs

I think it wold be different if these were opinions rather than conjecture. Everyone has an opinion - and a right to their opinion - but, there's nothing there to base an opinion on quite yet. There's no evidence that Phantom's visual program will be a hindrance or that their guard will be of less quality. 2nd and 3rd place visual finishes and a 3rd place guard finish behind the likes of Cavaliers and Blue Devils is not a sign of weakness. Actually with the staff locking into place for a 3rd year in a row I would be more likely to think that they would close the gap on the front runners in those areas. After the program is set and the rehearsals start that might change - there might be something to base an "un-positive" thought.

My observations vhave been that there are other corps "fans" out there much more defensive than PR fans when it comes to "un-positive" comments. Still, there's no need to be defensive... this is all either pure conjecture or personal preference... and intended as fun. What else is there for the drum corps junkie to do in this time of year.

Your asking others to not be defensive while you be defensive yourself?

The point of this entire thread was that it was all based on nothing. So why take it so seriously? Do you see the fans of any of the other corps going nuts defending their corps? No, because its obvious these predictions are for fun and are based on nothing but an opinion. Lighten up.

2007 Results

1. Phantom - It's time. It's finally time. Phantom will not only win DCI, but win it OUTRIGHT over an outstanding Cavalier corps.

2. Cavaliers - Because there's no way they place any lower than this.

3. Bluecoats - They continue their steady rise to the title.

4. Cadets - Will rebound a little, but the groups ahead of them can't be caught.

5. Blue Devs - The fact that I have them in 5th has no bearing on how great they will be (see Crown '06)

6. Crown - This corps deserved better than 8th place last year, they got robbed. This is my sleeper pick of the season.

7. SCV - Crown was better last year, Crown will be better this year. I don't care what the standings say.

8. BK - A solid tightknit group who will put out another tight show, just not one for everyone.

9. Glassmen - I enjoyed their show last year and am going against the grain on this one.

10. Boston - They may flipflop with Glassmen, just hope their show is better than last year's production.

11. Colts - It's about frickin time these guys get back into the big dance. Cesario + Orwoll will do great things.

12. Spirit - They will be in a horserace with Blue Stars for the last spot. Can't make up my mind on this one.

If the Cavaliers win again. I think I'm going to care very less about placement.

Not that I hope they lose, but it would be very nice to see someone else up there.

I predict not one person here will guess correctly. :blink:

Not even close! Unless you predict Phantom to win it all.... ^0^

Edited by juice

1- Phantom Regiment

2- Cavaliers

3- Bluecoats

4- Blue Devils

5- Santa Clara Vanguard

6- Carolina Crown

7- The Cadets

8- Blue Knights

9- Madison Scouts